first period post D&C? HELP

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

first period post D&C? HELP

Postby MEL66325 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:07 am

Hey, guys - I got my first period post D&C (details in siggy) exactly four weeks following the procedure. I only spotted for seven days following the D&C and everything seemed pretty normal. My first period started on CD27, exactly as it should have and I was happy my body was returning to normal so quickly.

However, I am on day 10 and bleeding super heavily. I've had seven days of heavy bleeding with no end in sight. My doctor wants to see me tomorrow, and I am worried soemthing is wrong or I will have to have another procedure. I should probably not worry, but I can't help it.

Can anyone share their experiences with their first period post D&C?
ME - 37 DH - 40
DS1- 11
8/12/13 - :angel: (MMC 11 weeks; D&C) My angel, forever in my heart and always on my mind, Mommy loves you...can't wait to meet you in Heaven!
4/22/14 - :bfp: our rainbow baby
8/12/14- It's another BOY!
DS2- Owen Lane arrived 1/2/2015 :baby tumble:

Will we have another?? Praying for God's will and following His direction for our lives. We shall see!
MEL66325
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: first period post D&C? HELP

Postby Susy07 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Hm, strange. I haven't had one yet so I can't share my experience. But I do know every pregnancy can change your hormones. So maybe you'll just have heavier periods now. Though that would really suck, so I hope not. Another theory is that you didn't ovulate. Most people will just spot to end an anovulatory cycle, but some people actually bleed heavier. That would be the preferred option I guess. ANd next month would hopefully be normal. Um... And I guess a quite unlikely option would be that you had retained tissue blocking things and it dislodged and this is still post miscarriage bleeding. But the timing is too coincidental.
I think so long as you're feeling ok, not weak or faint, etc, its prob ok. But maybe call your doctor. My guess is he will say keep an eye on it. Hopefully it goes away and next cycle is normal (or bfp lol.)
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/18b9a4

I'm Susy (28) Dh is Tyler (30)
Baby angel lost at 5 weeks in May '07.
William Christian. Born Dec 14, '08,
Baby angel lost at 8w4d. Miscarried at 11w1d in Nov '10.
Rachel Amber. Born Feb 29, '12
Baby angel lost at 9w2d. Sept 1 2013. Partial molar pregnancy.
Tessa Breanne. Born Nov 10, '14.
Susy07
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MEL66325 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:31 am

I ended up going to the doctor a couple of days ago and they did blood work to check my HCG levels. They were negative. The bleeding has tapered off ever so slightly, so I'm hoping I'm on the tail end of this period. It has been 13 days as of today and I am over it physically and emotionally. I pray that this ends soon and doesn't affect future periods!

As for ovulating, I actually had EWCM 2 weeks from the day of the D&C. But, having said that, I had that abundant EWCM for 14 days and then started my period as soon as it went away. So I started my period on CD27, if you count the D&C as CD1. I'm not quite sure what is going on, but I will be scheduling an ultrasound next week if the bleeding doesn't stop by then. Hopefully that will give me a better idea of what my body is trying to do. I don't even my body knows at this point!
ME - 37 DH - 40
DS1- 11
8/12/13 - :angel: (MMC 11 weeks; D&C) My angel, forever in my heart and always on my mind, Mommy loves you...can't wait to meet you in Heaven!

Will we have another?? Praying for God's will and following His direction for our lives. We shall see!
MEL66325
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Susy07 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:00 am

I know that feeling. Hope you get it figured out soon.

Susy07
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby prayers12 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:57 am

I had my D&C done on a Thursday and the following Wednesday is when I started my period. So far it's been a little heavier than usual, but I guess that is to be expected. But it's lastly a little longer too. I guess it's just my body trying to get back to normal. I go back to the doctor on Thursday for Post-op and to talk about the next step for us. I hope that we can start right away, but knowing my luck we will have to wait until after my next period.
prayers12

Postby MEL66325 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:33 am

I am on CD16, still bleeding. I went to the doctor over the weekend (their offices are open until 12) and got an ultrasound. There is no reason that they can see for me to still be bleeding. I do have two cysts on my left ovary, but they are small and the doctor isn't concerned. So now I'm on birth control pills for a month to try to get my hormones regulated.

AF does seem to really be lightening up now so I pray the pills work. I now have to wait for the pill induced period and one spontaneous period before we can start ttc. Looks like NOvember maybe? I'm ready to start NOW. LOL
ME - 37 DH - 40
DS1- 11

MEL66325
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Susy07 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:16 pm

Mel that's annoying. I'm sorry you're still bleeding. maybe in nov I"ll be cleared to ttc as well, or soon after. :)

Susy07
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MEL66325 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:04 am

I sure hope so, Suzy! I know you are anxious to begin TTC again soon!

I'm still bleeding...DAY 18 and about to literally go out of my mind. The doctor put me on BCP about five days ago and said that it would stop the bleeding within a few days, but nope...nothing. I'm waiting on a call back now from the nurse. SHe thinks the doctor may want me to double up on the pill to give my body a "jolt". It needs something, LOL!

I had an ultrasound, so I know there's nothing left from the baby, so they really don't have a clue why my body is acting this way.
ME - 37 DH - 40
DS1- 11

MEL66325
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Susy07 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:25 am

That's really strange. And frustrating! I hope the jolt makes your body smarten up lol.

AFM. called today for my beta from Monday. it was 150. so we're doing great. dropping well. I had an apt for this coming Friday but we cancelled it because I feel fine. And I thought id get pathology results at it but nope. They'll call me in another 2 to 3 weeks for that.

Susy07
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby prayers12 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:18 am

Well my period has been an interesting one to say the least. I bled heavy for five days and then it lighted up to the point that I thought i was done and then it came back. SO I have no idea what my body is doing. I go to the doctor today so hopefully they will be able to tell me more about what it going on. Like all of you, I'm ready to start trying again. But since we have to have help in getting pregnant, I have a feeling we will have to wait until November.... or my luck later.
prayers12

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support