Need alittle support after 2 ectopics

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Need alittle support after 2 ectopics

Postby jporter519 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Me (28) and my husband (28) decided to try this past May on our first child. Quit birth control and got pregnant the first month!!! Then in July I had horrible pain and was rushed to surgery. It ruptured my right tube and the tube was removed. The doctor did the dye test on my other tube while I was under, and he said the left tube is perfect! So we healed and waited 3 months like he asked. We got pregnant again on the first try in October. I had no pain at all and thought it was going well. This week I started to have a little pain. We went in for our first ultrasound, and the doc saw nothing anywhere. My levels were too high for this to be possible. He immediately sent me to the hospital where the blood test showed I was loosing blood. I went back into surgery this morning the find a gestational sac growing on my right ovary!
This is crazy considering I don't even have a tube on that side. Doc said that my other tube can go back and forth to both ovaries so it must have switched to the right where the sperm traveled through the tube and fertilized the egg while it was leaving the ovary and i attached itself so the tube didn't pick it up. He did another dye test just to make sure, and my left tube is still in prefect condition.
I'm happy that my tube is fine, but it is wild to think that I just had 2 ectopics back to back that are unrelated to each other. We are now going to wait another 3 months (doctors orders). I hate waiting. I just want to try again and get on with life. My husband thinks maybe we should wait longer because he is worried about me emotionally and physically. I just want to try again. This is a rough way to experience your first and second try.
Has this ever happen to anyone else? :cry:
Me~28
DH~29
1st BFP ~ July 2013 ~ Tubal ectopic (Tube removal)
2nd BFP ~ November 2013 ~ Ovarian ectopic

Just got a BFP 9 DPO - March 24, 2014! - Praying for a sticky bean!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4d42cd
jporter519
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Need alittle support after 2 ectopics

Postby B Michaelson » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:47 pm

Hey jporter. I am so sorry for your losses.

I recently had my right tube removed from an ectopic as well. They said my left tube was clear (checked in surgery) but not sure how they checked it. I am still waiting for my first AF since my surgery.

The waiting is horrible. We had to take a 6 month break at the start of last year and it was the hardest thing I have faced yet in ttc. Not being able to try is almost worse for me than getting a bfn, because it delays the possibility of getting a bfp or further help. We already waited about 8 years just to start ttc (since my first loss in 2004), so adding all these other waiting months is so frustrating.

I hope that it goes by quickly for both of us and we can get back into ttc again soon. And fx for no more issues or ectopics.

:hugs:
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical