Miscarriage + Emotions

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Miscarriage + Emotions

Postby WeBeTTC#2 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:58 pm

I would have been 5 weeks pregnant yesterday, but two days prior I noticed my pregnancy symptoms were pretty much gone. I took a test and the line was faint - should have been getting darker IMO - and I just felt "off". Sure enough, yesterday morning, I woke up, got out of bed and started to fluff the sheets and make the bed when all of a sudden, I felt a small gush and was wet between my legs. I headed to the bathroom, and already knew what I'd see when I looked down. Blood, and lots of it. I spent the day at the hospital, my hcg level went from 30 on friday to 7 yesterday, and an ultrasound confirmed I had a complete miscarriage. I cried when the doctor told me that my levels dropped, and I cried when I sent a text to my husband to tell him the news (he was home watching our son) but by the time I was discharged from the hospital (7 hours in total) I felt that I had come to terms with everything, after all, I barely had a week to digest the fact that I was pregnant...and then I wasn't again. I am obviously sad that I am not pregnant anymore, as we had been TTC for 5 months, and I really want another baby, but I don't feel the need to stay in bed and cry or mope around helplessly. *not saying there's anything wrong with that, we all cope in different ways* BUT my family is acting as if I am a ticking time bomb about to explode in a post-miscarriage depressed rage or something, and I am sick of it already and it's only been just over 24 hours since it started! I am choosing to see the positives in this situation - I am healthy and still able to try again when my body (and mind) is ready. Why can't everyone understand that I am sad but it is not the end of the world for me. Obviously the pregnancy was not meant to be, and there was nothing I could have done differently to change the outcome.
Is it possible to have grieved this loss so quickly, or are people giving me a hard time because they know something I don't? I'm not in denial, I KNOW I am not pregnant anymore, but I don't feel devastated like I thought I would. Does that make any sense?
31 years old from Manitoba, Canada
Married in July 2011
DS#1 - 2 years old
TTC #2 since May 2013

BFP November 10, 2013 - chemical pregnancy
February 2014 - Full physical done - LPD confirmed
April 24 2014 - Dx low progesterone, referral sent to OB/GYN - 2 month wait :(
May 3 2014 - +OPK, 1st cycle using progesterone cream
May 15 2014 - :bfp: @ 12DPO!!!!

TTC arsenal: BBT charting, OPKs, Prenatal Vitamins & Progesterone cream

My Ovulation Chart
WeBeTTC#2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Miscarriage + Emotions

Postby mexicanchick718 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Everyones emotions are different. Some people can move on and others like me will drown in emotions for awhile. Although in a website I was referred to that contained tons of info on m/s I ready that doctors are usually concerned more with those that don't show much emotions. Bottom line is you know how you feel and if it creeps up even a week later thats fine! I think you should just take a break from family enteraction until they can just stop touching the subject. My family was very understanding and never asked one question about it.
Me: 26 DH: 28
IUD removed: 9/12/12
BFP 5/28/2013
:angel: @ 9wks on 7/11/13
BFP#2 9/23/2013

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
mexicanchick718
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support