Ovulation after M/C?

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ovulation after M/C?

Postby CassieR » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:26 am

Hi Ladies-

I really hate to post on this thread because I know all of us are here because we've endured a loss. I am very sorry for everyone's loss. I've been on TWW for over a year now. Mostly stalking BFP stories and even got to post one here a couple months ago. Sadly, I had a m/c on 11/19/13. I was 8-9 weeks along. The Dr. gave me meds to begin the process on 11/21/13 and that evening I passed a large amount of tissue and bled for over a week after that.

I had to follow up with my Dr. to track my HCG levels. Week before last they were 110. This last thursday they were 12. Presumably they are down to almost 0 today. My Dr. said to wait for 1-2 cycles to start actively TTC. I count the m/c bleeding as cycle 1.

I normally O on CD 14-15. I don't do OPKs or chart. I just can tell by the amount of EWCM (which for me a A LOT) and cramps/twinges. After the bleeding, I didn't O on what would've been CD 14-15, starting from 11/21/13. I have read that some women have a hard time ovulating after m/c, and I thought since I didn't O on CD14-15 that I wouldn't O until after next cycle.

Welllllll.....this last Saturday came along and I went to the restroom that night I had a ton of EWCM. I had been having some O cramps/twinges on Saturday also. I was bloated too, which is normal for me during O. Well hubby and BD on Saturday and Sunday, not taking any precautions...now I'm kinda worried! Don't get me wrong, we want to get pregnant again but I just don't know about getting pregnant this soon. Also, I don't even really know when I should expect my next normal period since I am certain that my O was really late.

When did you ladies O after m/c? Any similar experiences? Thanks :)
CassieR

Re: Ovulation after M/C?

Postby B Michaelson » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:10 pm

Hi Cassie. I am sorry to see you on this board too.

I O'd after my loss about 1-3 days later than normal. My experience was a bit different because I had surgery and my levels were pretty low to start with so they were gone less than 2 weeks afterwards. The cycle after (current one) I O'd maybe 1 day later than usual but pretty typical.

I think it is fairly normal to O a little later though.

I understand how you feel. We took the fisrt cycle off because I had to heal from surgery. We got the ok to TTC again the day before O so we didn't have great timing. Part of me really wanted to see that line again but part of me was scared I would.

I hated waiting so I was happy to start TTC again, but part of me is still not quite ready. I am not sure how long that might take but I know it would be harder for me to sit a cycle out no matter what happens.
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CassieR » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:19 am

Thanks B, I really appreciate the reply. The more I read up on this, the more I see that lots of couples that are TTC after a loss aren't waiting. I also read that if it was a natural m/c (i.e. no D & C) then it's fine to not wait. I guess I will just see what happens...I'll test on or before Christmas. Fortunately I know that my levels are down enough that if I test positive on Christmas then I am definitely pregnant and not just having left over HCG.

Ohhhh the anxiety and nerves that comes with TTC after a m/c is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy! I wanna be excited but then I want to cry but then I want the baby that I lost and then I don't want any more kids at all for fear of loss...I'm a roller coaster, haha... :)

Do you think most people wait after a m/c or go ahead and TTC asap? Seems like a lot of people just keep right on trying...
CassieR

Postby B Michaelson » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:27 am

I think a lot of people try right away, but it depends on the type of loss. Some losses requiring medical treatment also require a healing period. Some, like molar, require a monitoring period to ensure there is no residual tissue or cyst regrowth.

I am not sure about D&C but I would think natural loss should be ok. I kind of needed the month off to heal my mind as well as my body.

I am not sure my mind is fully healed but I feel like waiting would make it worse. A lot of drs ask people to wait 2-3 months to make sure their body is ok but also because they could get pg and have another loss and they need to be mentally stable enough to handle it.

I am not sure anything about TTC smacks of mental stability though haha. Its a catch-22.
Me - 36
DH - 41
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016

2004 - 7.5 weeks
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BichonFrise » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi

On my first cycle after MC, I O'd on my regular cycle (Day 20 out of 33 day cycle - which is my normal).

On my 2nd cycle, my body tried to ovulate from Day 14 - 24 (I knew this from OPK, CM, and Temp). I finally ovulated on CD 24 and did the BD that day. I got the BFP at 14 DPO but sadly, it didn't last. I am miscarrying right now at 22 DPO (5 week 1 day).

It seems to me the best way to understand what's going on is to monitor the BBT. Without it, I would be so lost. I even knew that I am going to MC today (and braced myself) because my temp was dropping sharply this morning. Good luck!
Me (39) DH (41)

TTC #1 since June 2013. Married for 10 years.

BFP #1: 10/01/2013 MC: 10/15/2013 (7 weeks)
BFP #2: 12/24/2013 MC: 01/01/2014 (5 weeks 1 day)
BFP #3: 02/08/2014 Ethan was born 6 lbs 9 Oz on Oct 17th, 2014.

TTC #2 since November 2015

My Ovulation Chart
BichonFrise
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby B Michaelson » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Sorry to hear this Bichon. I saw your chart and was sad for you. We shouldn't have to go through this.

I totally messed up my charting this month. Been going to bed way too late and not waking up with my alarm for temping. I am pretty sure this will not be month anyways.

I hope next cycle we are all lucky.
Me - 36
DH - 41
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016

2004 - 7.5 weeks
Jan 2014 - Chemical