o'ing after d&c

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

o'ing after d&c

Postby kmkhaler17 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:49 pm

anyone have a d&c and o right after the procedure? I am trying to kind of guess what kind of time frames I am looking at because I am not sure what to expect.
Kristie - - - - sticky baby dust!!!
ME: 31 (eek now I have to worry about healthy eggs :()
DH:32
DD:4
DD: 3
TTC # 3
9/30/2013 MIRENA OUT AFTER 2.5 YEARS
Started TTC October 2013
My Ovulation Chart

BFP - 12/22/2013
EDD - 09/2/2014
1-31 - Angel Baby 7wks 3 days (found out at 9 week appointment)
2-3 d&c done - cleared to try again.
Cycle #3 after D&C
kmkhaler17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: o'ing after d&c

Postby haven12 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:53 pm

I O'd 30 days after. I'm expecting my period next week. I think it's different for everyone :( From what I gather though, most people do ovulate and it's usually 2 weeks - 4 weeks after procedure.
haven12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kmkhaler17 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:29 pm

yeah I was thinking that as well. But I was hoping it was two weeks later after we were cleared to try again...but I do not think that happened. But I will take four weeks as well because that would put me o'ing this weekend...I just want something to happen so I can get back in tune with my body..i feel so out of control with it right now and I hate feeling in limbo,..on another note...sorry to hear about having to have the procedure done....are you trying right away again? or no? I think some doctors tell you to wait, but there did not seem to be anything showing weird with mine that the doctor cleared us to try right away...which I think we would anyways.....I am hard headed like that.
TTC # 3
Started TTC October 2013
My Ovulation Chart

BFP - 12/22/2013
EDD - 09/2/2014
Cycle #3 after D&C
kmkhaler17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby haven12 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:14 pm

My doctor told me to wait 2 cycles but when I went in for the routine checkup, 2 weeks after, she said I could start after I get my period. She also told me that I should get my period 4 weeks after but its turned out to be more like 6 if I start next week like I should. Anyway, we started having sex again about 3 weeks after and haven't used protection. We did have sex the day before I ovulated so there's a chance it could happen (got a positive opk after we had sex). Im glad that I ovulated later bc maybe my uterus had time to heal?? Hopeful thinking :) Im only 5dpo today and i got a very very faint pink spot when I wiped... i know its crazy early for implantation do it could just be something weird from the procedure? Im sorry that you are having to go througj this as well :(
haven12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby haven12 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:18 pm

And... yes being in the limbo stage was the worst! But something will happen soon enough trust me. It felt good to know that I was ovulating not because of ttc purposes but to be able to move on and know your body is workung properly again...
haven12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kmkhaler17 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:48 pm

so I guess that I just needed to inquire about ovulating because I got a positive today....I am excited we are seeing what this month will bring. So, we will kind of be on the same cycles as well....mine came 4 weeks after as well from the time I bled after the procedure. I am happy to know what to expect and that my body is getting back to normal. I figure that I will be 1dpo on Friday.....I do not think that 5 dpo is early for spotting for implantation, especially what I have read of being really fertile after a miscarriage. Do you temp at all? I was when I got my BFP but was waiting to start again after my first period after the procedure. I am excited for us...
TTC # 3
Started TTC October 2013
My Ovulation Chart

BFP - 12/22/2013
EDD - 09/2/2014
Cycle #3 after D&C
kmkhaler17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby haven12 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:32 am

I wasn't trying but not preventing. I figured if my uterus was ready then it would implant (if there was something to implant) and if not, then it wouldn't. I have read that I d&c makes it easier for implantation because everything is cleaned out but that could be a myth...who knows! I'm SO glad that your body is finally starting back up. I think that helped me more than anything! I was temping when I got my BFP but I didn't this cycle since we weren't really trying so I don't know what my body is doing. I will start back next cycle. I really enjoyed it because you know exactly what was happening. I usually quit temping at the end of my cycle because I would get really anxious if I had a low temp so I figured that I long as I knew that I o'd and my temps stayed hi for at least 10 days then I know there's not an issue. I'm excited for us too!
haven12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kmkhaler17 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:24 pm

okay well yesterday when I thought I was o'ing, it was almost positive in the morning so I figure by the afternoon it would be blazing positive, well I tested again last night when I got home, and it was really light...not even close to positive, and then I tested again this morning like third pee and it was almost positive again...I have no idea what is going on now....I want to scream...just do something.....okay rant over now...
TTC # 3
Started TTC October 2013
My Ovulation Chart

BFP - 12/22/2013
EDD - 09/2/2014
Cycle #3 after D&C
kmkhaler17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby haven12 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:41 am

Your body is probably just gearing up for it. I would keep on going at it (if you are trying) and keep doing opks. Perhaps you just had a short surge? Who knows what our bodies are doing! Hopefully next month we will be back on track. I just wonder is your luteal phase is still the same length after a miscarriage or if it's longer/shorter.
haven12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kmkhaler17 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:01 pm

yeah I wonder that too..i think it would be the same as before and I am hoping for that. my L phase was 16 days which is perfect I think. So, I am hoping it stays that way.....I am hoping it is a short surge and I had one. I have not gotten close to a positive since then. But they are still kind of dark lines.....
TTC # 3
Started TTC October 2013
My Ovulation Chart

BFP - 12/22/2013
EDD - 09/2/2014
Cycle #3 after D&C
kmkhaler17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby haven12 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:50 am

I just wanted to update you. I finally got my period but my LP was shorter than it has been. I was expecting my period on Thursday (with a 13 day luteal phase which is my normal) but it came on Monday which makes my luteal phase 10 days this time. I'm glad that I did finally get my period but I'm hoping that my body goes back to my normal this month. One weird thing I noticed was that my breast never got sore this cycle after I had the LH surge and they ALWAYS hurt the week before AF so I'm not sure that I actually ovulated or if I did then my progesterone may have been low... not sure but I hope everything goes back to normal. I'm hoping yours it normal this cycle!!
haven12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kmkhaler17 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Yeah I am the same after my surge my boobs do hurt a lot...and a little before af...I have not gotten sore boobs after what I thought was the surge, so we may have not released and egg this month after the procedure. well heres to hoping next month. I am still in limbo no af and no positive.
TTC # 3
Started TTC October 2013
My Ovulation Chart

BFP - 12/22/2013
EDD - 09/2/2014
Cycle #3 after D&C
kmkhaler17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support