Anyone experience this after miscarriage? Help!

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Anyone experience this after miscarriage? Help!

Postby haven12 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:17 pm

Hey guys! I got pregnant in November/December and had a miscarriage at 9.5 weeks at the end of January (baby only grew to 6.1). I had a d&c on January 22. I was told not to have sex for at least 3/4 weeks and that my period should come around 4 weeks after d&c. I've continued to chart so I will know what's going on with my body. I waited 3 1/2 weeks to have sex and didn't use protection becuase I thought my period was about to come. Well, around 4 weeks and 2 days, I ovulated (according to my chart). I had sex the night before I ovulated so there is a chance that I could get pregnant. My question is.. I'm only 5dpo and I wiped early and saw 2 tiny light pink spots. I've also had cramping and back pain today. I KNOW this is super early for any of that. I'm not one to symptom spot. If I say I have it, it's there! The only other time I've had a light pink spot was before I found out I was pregnant the last time. Has anyone had spotting this early and get pregnant? Also, I thought maybe the d&c is making things go a little funny? Anyone have experience with this?
haven12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Anyone experience this after miscarriage? Help!

Postby smalln35 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:48 pm

ok so I have not been in your exact position but I can relate a little. Before my son I had a miscarriage at about 6 weeks. I didnt bleed they found out by checking my HCG levels and they eventually stopped doubling and found the baby in my cervix. They didnt do a dnc but they gave me a shot of methotrxate and then the miscarriage happened. They told me no babies for 3 months. Methotrexate is a bad bad drug but I didnt know at the time. Anyways no trying for 3 months which we did but after another 10 months still no luck with a baby. Finally was on clomid and got pregnant first round. Second miscarriage happened before my daughter. This one was natural. Doctor said lets do dnc I said no way! I bled off and on for about 6 weeks. In the mean time doctor said go ahead and try if the blood doesnt bother you. We did and we got pregnant again before my period ever came. I was still bleeding or I guess spotting some the first couple of weeks of the pregnancy. It would stop and I would say finally then I would get a little here and there. So to answer your question you can get preggo right away, you dont need to have a period. Spotting is also normal especially after dnc and miscarriage. If you do find that you are preggo tell your doctor once you confirm BFP. In the mean time dont worry about spotting just keep going at it!
smalln35

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support