Early m/c

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Early m/c

Postby ElizaMoon » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:12 am

I had a miscarriage back in December 2013, just six days after finding out I was pregnant. I wasn't actively trying, but was not doing anything to prevent it. I will tell you, when I found out I was pregnant it was one of the happiest days of my life. And my SO was also very happy about it, too. It is almost 4 months later, and of course it is something I think about at least once a day. Though, the last week or so not so much.

I never told anyone in my family about it and I don't have any girl friends really. The only people that know about it are my SO, a few guy friends of mine, and my SO told his mom. I have a sister who had a m/c around January 2013. She told me, my brother, my parents, etc about the pregnancy. So I somehow feel cheated and like I cheated my family. I mean, my SO even told his mom. Should I have told my family? Should I tell them now? I am a pretty reserved person was weary about telling anyone about a pregnancy for at least 3 months in. But at the same time, I wonder if talking about it more (esp. with females would help) me. I believe I was between three to five weeks when I m/c. Again, it was unexpected and I have weird periods so I don't know how far along I truly was. I guess I just wanted to get this off my chest. And know more about your own personal experience and advice. Thank you.
ElizaMoon

Re: Early m/c

Postby ekkotack » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:18 am

First, I'm so sorry for your loss. The choice is yours to tell or not tell whomever you choose. No need to feel guilty if you tell nobody or if you tell lots of people. We told about 15 people we were pregnant and now we have to tell them about the loss. We are okay with doing that, but not everyone is.
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support