5 weeks 4 days - irregular yolk sac and low HCG

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

5 weeks 4 days - irregular yolk sac and low HCG

Postby emsyj2014 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:17 am

Hiya

I am 5 weeks and 4 days and have been under the care of the EPU for the past week due to low and non doubling HCG. Just to give you an idea of how low - at 21dpo it was 185 (80 -90 hour doubling time)

I had a scan the same day (exactly 5 weeks preg) and they saw nothing.

I had another scan today (5 weeks + 4 days) and they saw a yolk sac, however they have said it is irregular in its shape (it looked oval)

They have basically told me to expect miscarriage at any moment as it is probably a 'failed pregnancy'.

I know there's barely a glimmer of hope but i was wondering if there are any success stories out there??!!!

:-)
Me 38 DP 28 TTC #2 for me - My DS #1 is 19 years old!!

Never too late to find happiness... <3

My Ovulation Chart
emsyj2014
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: 5 weeks 4 days - irregular yolk sac and low HCG

Postby ekkotack » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:51 am

Hi, I do not have a personal success story with this scenario, but hopefully another lady will have one to offer! I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you're having to go through this and make sure you go through all the tests you need to, to feel confident in what's going on with the pregnancy. (meaning if things aren't looking promising, don't let anyone pressure you to end the pregnancy until you're sure and you're ready). Good luck, hun!
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support