Will this pain go away??

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Will this pain go away??

Postby Rnlady33 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:32 pm

I am struggling today... well everyday really. I had a mc about 4 weeks ago. I was 5w. I know that's not far along, but we were so thrilled...I feel like lately everyone else is pregnant, everyone but me. I keep seeing people who don't want children becoming pregnant... its killing me. I have thought about deleting my facebook to try to avoid it. Has anyone else tried that and it help? Let me know if you have any idea or advice to help me handle all these emotions I have been feeling lately. It just doesn't seem fair and I want to scream that!
Rnlady33
Friend

Re: Will this pain go away??

Postby B Michaelson » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:42 pm

It's hard. I don't know that you ever really get over it, but it does get better with time.

It doesn't matter how far you were. We plan the rest of our lives once we see that second line and having it taken away hurts immensely.

I haven't deleted fb but I have a lot of people hidden lol.

After my EP I was asked to see a grief counseller and it did help a bit.

Just know there are a lot of ladies on here who understand your pain and have been there.
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby becky88 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi Rnlady,
I'm so sorry about your loss. I agree with B Michaelson that it doesn't matter how far along you are because it still hurts. I had a cp in December and blighted ovum that ended at 8 weeks in February. It was so hard because one of my good friends had her baby the same weekend I lost mine. I cried for a long time. I started writing it in a journal because it felt better to see it on paper. I still feel like I miss the baby. Like how you miss a relative that's gone. I still get teared up thinking about it. I decided that I probably won't ever get over it but it has gotten easier. It will get better for you too with time. I will be thinking about you!
Ps I've also hidden a lot of people on FB and I marked some of the posts as annoying... Oops!
becky88
Friend

Postby mountainbaby » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:46 am

Hi Rnlady

You are so not alone. My mc was 5 weeks ago, I was 8 weeks and 4 days. Easter was tough as we had planned to tell at Easter when we were 13 weeks. I miss my baby even though he was only with me a short time. A friend also had her baby the week after I miscarried and all the congratulations were all over fb, and comments of well done, which made me feel like I had not done well because I had lost my baby.

As B Michelson says we plan our lives when we see those two pink lines, it is amazing the plans we made in those weeks when I was pregnant. I am trying to recover now and get ready to try again.

It is easier now than it was in the first two weeks when I cried all the time, I have some days I don't cry, but it still hurts. The world expects me to be back to normal and over it now. Those who have had mc's know differently. I am sorry you are all going through this. It is nice to have ladies who understand.
TTC since Oct 12

BFP - Feb 2014, Natural MC 18 March, 8 weeks, 4 days.

BFP - June 2014
US - 18.7.14 - baby measuring 8+1. Strong, clear heartbeat.

mountainbaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby B Michaelson » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:13 am

I am so sorry for your losses ladies. It does take time and don't let anyone tell you how to greive or make you to feel that you shouldn't. Mountainbaby you are so right. As with any loss the world goes back to normal way faster than you do and their expectations are unrealistic.
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rnlady33 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:25 am

Thanks for the support ladies. Unfortunately the month after our miscarriage we were not told to wait to keep ttc, because it was early they did not see any concern with continuing. I did conceive again and had a beta right away that showed low level hcg and low level of progesterone so I was started on supplements but it was too late I began miscarrying again a little farther along this time. I'm devastated and I need answers. Two losses in 2 1/2 months just is unbearable. I don't know what will come next as far as testing but I need to know if this is something that can be helped. I'm so sorry for your losses ladies... It's a pain I would not wish on my very worst enemy and my heart breaks for each one of you.
Rnlady33
Friend

Postby ekkotack » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:30 am

Hi RNlady, I am so sorry you have to go through this! I hope that the Dr is able to give you some answers. I had two mc in 6 months and my Dr told me that women who have 2 miscarriages in a row have a 70% chance of having a successful pregnancy in the future. He said most all the early losses are due to chromosomal abnormalities and could not have been prevented. And all he told me to do was take a daily baby aspirin and he gave me a prescription for progesterone. Keep me posted on what your Dr says. We will get through this!
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support