Period after a Miscarriage?

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Period after a Miscarriage?

Postby purplerain » Mon May 19, 2014 9:11 am

I had a natural miscarriage on the 20th April & bled for a week (I was just over 2 months pregnant). My normal cycle is every 21-23 days but so far I'm showing no symptoms of AF rearing it's head. My BF & I BD on 2nd,8th,12th & 17th. My ovulation calender predicted I ovulated from 3rd- 8th, last Tuesday I had 20 mins of severe cramps in the morning and then again on Friday night, Friday morning I had a slight pink discharge with a brown streak in it and felt sick for half an hr, but the discharge was only in the morning. It appeared again yesterday (Sunday morning) but just slightly not a mass amount. I've been feeling a twinge in my right ovary off and on since last week. My breasts aren't tender to touch but they feel kinda tingly every now and then and I'm feeling super tired! Dull lower back pain off and on but feel fine in myself. Just out of curiosity when did other ppls AF appear after their miscarriage?! My hcg level was down to 1 on the 27th April.
purplerain

Re: Period after a Miscarriage?

Postby ekkotack » Tue May 20, 2014 5:21 am

After my D&C in October 2013, my AF came around 6 weeks later and was heavy. 25 day cycles after that, which is normal for me.
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kandii » Tue May 20, 2014 7:04 pm

I was told that AF shows 4-6 weeks post-MC.
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24th, 2015

~*TTC #2* shhh :shh: it's a secret!~
Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sweetPeaches » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:35 pm

Sorry for the long post and possible tmi! had a miscarriage at 11 weeks And had to have a d&c. I also bled for a week, I stopped exactly a week later. I didn't test negative for HCG until two weeks after my miscarriage, 1 week after I stopped bleeding. ( I used Wondfo until they were negative) 4 weeks after the negative pregnancy test my AF showed up! So exactly 6 weeks after my miscarriage I started my period! Which I guess started the time I would usually get it because I get my AF the last 5 days of every month so generally a 30 to 31 day cycle! My 2nd cycle which I currently started today tho was 7 days late!
♡sweetPeaches♡
sweetPeaches

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support