Recurrent losses

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Recurrent losses

Postby SuperDork » Mon May 26, 2014 9:21 pm

I feel like the Queen of Loss. I just went through my 5th loss on Mother's Day, (I refuse to call it a 'chemical' because they are my children, my hope.) It is my 6th loss during my fertile years. I have two living children (15 and 13). I went through a tubal reversal in 2012. I only have one working tube but it works well enough since I have been pregnant 5 times in the past year. I used Clomid last cycle (cd's 2-6) since my right ovary is dominant and that side is blocked. I have thin lining, lower progesterone levels as well. Last pregnancy was the highest progesterone I have ever had at 12.6... that was medicated. I also had an unexplained blood clot in my right lung a few years ago.. I have not been tested for any clotting disorders as applies to pregnancy, but there is a good possibility that is an issue. I used Clomid for this current cycle days 5-9. I normally ovulate on cd13 which was accurate for using Clomid days 2-6 and I ovulated cd14 when taking Clomid days 5-9.
I have been marking things off my list with each pregnancy I have lost. I know that I have one of four issues (maybe multiple of the four). Lining is too bad,(it was 6mm at my Mother's Day loss), I have a hydrosalphinx right tube which could be spilling toxic fluid into my uterus and making my endometrium unavailable for implantation or I have too much gap in the hormones progesterone and estrogen at wrong points in my cycle, or I need a blood thinner before pregnancy..
I have a doctor appt. in June to figure out my next step. I did try to conceive this cycle and figured there was no valid reason for me to wait since if God wants me to keep a pregnancy, then I will. If I am not pregnant then so be it. If I am pregnant then I will have another baby that paves the way for the one God has meant for this earth. It is a somewhat callous way to view it for anyone that has not suffered losses, but truly the point is to learn from the difficult lessons in your life and I don't want their short little presence's to be in vain. I want them to be validated in my journey and this world. I want them all to be always remembered and cherished since their lives will lead me to learn how to appreciate the Baby's life I get to keep.
Anyone that has gone through recurrent miscarriage will understand how I feel. This journey has been the most difficult of my life. I never knew I could be so strong and I never had anything make me feel as weak.
A part of me wishes I would conceive this cycle. A part of me wants to mark more things off my list from the doctors visit other than from another miscarriage.
I took things to help my lining...b-6, zinc, red raspberry capsules, aspirin for clotting, vitamin c..... taking progesterone suppositories from o to af only 100mg since that's all I had left over from my last cycle.
I am almost 3dpo.. YAY!
Maybe I will have some babies this time! <3
God bless everyone trying!
<3 The glory belongs to God. <3
SuperDork
Friend

Re: Recurrent losses

Postby ekkotack » Wed May 28, 2014 8:04 am

Hi....I'm sorry you have had to go through so many losses. I just lost my 2nd in April. It is hard to stay hopeful during this, but like you, I know it all lies in God's hands. Good luck to you on your journey.
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Recurrent losses

Postby SuperDork » Wed May 28, 2014 3:40 pm

Thanks for the well wishes! I hope you don't suffer anymore losses. It takes away so much. I will pray for your family. God bless!
<3 The glory belongs to God. <3
SuperDork
Friend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support