Why did my levels rise after miscarriage?!?

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Why did my levels rise after miscarriage?!?

Postby Ellyjane » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:29 am

Hi ladies, so just found out that i miscarried/ or about to miscarry. Long story short.. Had a heavy bleed for 3 days.. 2 days later got bfp, went for bloods that day and 2 days later..results were 61-152.. Then 2 days later only went to 156.. Started lightly bleeding red that night so i knew miscarriage was inevitable. I went for an ultrasound today to rule out ectopic and the tech couldn't see a thing. What i dont understand is why my levels rose normally to start off with after i bled? Was that when i miscarried? If so is the bleed im having now the start of my new cycle? I dont know how far along i was. According to lmp i would have been 6.5 weeks.. But i have a 40 day cycle so calculated 4.5/5 weeks.. Could i have been just too early to see anything on ultrasound and I'm yet to miscarry? Please help a girl out and ease my mind :) thankyou for reading!
Ellyjane
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Why did my levels rise after miscarriage?!?

Postby ekkotack » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:03 am

Hi, so sorry for your loss. I think I posted on your other message in the POAS board. The thing about miscarriages is they're not always predictable and they're not always a one day event. There are many ladies on here who have miscarried some on one day and then many, many days later will miscarry the rest. There may be something so small inside you that the US is not picking it up, and that could be keeping your HCG levels up. I "miscarried" over 2 months ago, but I'm still bleeding and having positive pregnancy tests. Not everyone will be as lucky as me to have a miscarriage drag on for months, though...... :rofl: <-------all i can do at this point........ Just make sure your doctor follows you through to the true end of the miscarriage and do what you can to monitor your cycle.
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ellyjane » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:15 am

Your really awesome. Thankyou for all your advice. I'm gunna take it and remind myself that our bodies do some crash stuff and not spend hours and hours thinking why is this happening?!?! I'm so sorry for your loss also, and s**t i feel for you still getting positives 2 months later!! Hopefully your body will get itself back on track soon. Again, thankyou for all your advice! X
Ellyjane
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ekkotack » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:24 pm

You're so welcome! I pray that you have a speedy recovery and can get right back to TTC soon!!
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support