Just lookin for some advice

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Just lookin for some advice

Postby Ellyjane » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:57 am

So it's been a bit over 3 weeks since my miscarriage.. I was only early and my first and only noticeable symptom was sore boobs. Quite sore actually.. And they are still hurting. Hasn't even decreased. Just wondering how long until this will stop? I'm not even sure what my levels are at, have to go for another blood test tomorrow. Blood test on the 24th was still at 134.. 8 days before that was 156.. So i know its slowly dropping.
Do my levels have to be 0 for symptoms to completely go away?
I would have thought they would atleast decrease by now..
Also still bleeding.. Is that normal? If this doesnt stop soon i think I'll go back to doc after blood results tomorrow and ask for another scan to make sure there is nothing lingering..
I'm sorry for all the questions, this is the first time this has happened to me so I'm so confused by whats going on with my body and dont want to scare myself by finding contradicting things on google.
Ellyjane
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Just lookin for some advice

Postby operationindigo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:53 am

I would request a scan from your doctor if possible. Your levels are going down, which is definitely a good thing. I had a dc at 8 weeks on June 12th and my levels are already near zero (I don't know for sure...I only know that I don't show any line on a sensitive pregnancy test anymore). I have read though that it takes your levels longer to go down after a natural MC than a D&C. It might give you a piece of mind that things are returning to normal if you get a scan just to make sure.
Me: 27, history of short LP & irregular bleeding
Partner: 30
TTC Cycle #Who knows?

BFP#1: Baby Kaden, miscarriage @ 8 weeks (D&C) 6/12/14

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4dde08
operationindigo

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support