missed m/c

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

missed m/c

Postby noahsuperman » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:03 pm

We got wonderful news last month when we found out we were pregnant after my failed IVF cycle. Sadly, my u/s confirmed no heartbeat or embryo at my 7week mark. Last year, had the same thing happen, only I m/c'd naturally. I stopped my progesterone on Saturday, but still haven't started bleeding. RE said I could wait up to 2 weeks or try some pills to "make me m/c" or have a D/C. I just remember last year, the m/c was so painful...going through pains, but still having an empty feeling. I don't think I can handle anything other than the d/c. I don't want to be bleeding when we leave on vacation in a little over 2 weeks. :|
Has anyone gone through this? How did you decide what to do? How painful is a D/C? My RE said you don't bleed as long after the D/C like you would just going through the m/c. I'm just so sad...I have an overwhelming feeling of sadness. 2nd m/c in 2years after not being able to get pregnant for 6years!
Any advice will be helpful.
me 36, dh 36, ds 8 TTC #2 since october 2007
Feb 2011 #1 iui BFN
Mar 2011 BFN
Apr 2011 #2 iui BFN
May 2011 #3 iui BFN
Back in the game 2013!
Mar 2013 #4 iui BFP! :angel: 4-9-13
April 2014 first IVF. BFN
May 2014 surprise BFP!
beta 300.7
4days later beta 1129!
first u/s 6-25-14 :angel:

st gerard please pray for us.
mother mary please pray for us.
life without God is like a dull pencil...it has no point.
noahsuperman
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: missed m/c

Postby ekkotack » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:40 am

Hi there, so very sorry for your losses. I have recently been through this and I've tried all the options - waiting for natural m/c (awful and horribly painful), taking the cytotec pills (awful-made me ill and didn't even work), and having a d&c. For me the easiest thing is to just go in and get the d&c. I was totally against it because i felt it wasn't "natural" and I didn't want to pay my huge insurance deductible....but you know what....without it my miscarriage dragged on for MONTHS. The D&C is a quick and easy procedure for the doctor to do. I felt NOTHING. My doctor put me under general anesthesia for it. I bled for a couple of days, nothing heavy, and then it stopped. Now two weeks later i'm getting my first "period" but I'm still supposed to wait an full cycle more before trying to TTC. Hope this information is helpful!
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support