MC at 7 weeks, CP after.

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

MC at 7 weeks, CP after.

Postby abbylu927 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:33 pm

Hello ladies. I am very heartbroken after miscarrying another pregnancy. DH and I have been TTC for a year. In january, I was put on clomid. 2nd cycle, I got my BFP! In March, I miscarried. AF was no where to be seen after that. OB found large cysts and we decided surgery was the way to go. First of June, I had all the cysts removed, and mesh placed over them to help keep them away. I also had polyps, endometriosis, and left over gunk from the mc that he removed, and a D-C. Two weeks later, AF showed up and I was put on Femara. Also had the HCG trigger, used pre-seed and DH was on CoQ10. Dr. Told me to take baby aspirin every day. I thought he meant every day during ovulation to help with my swollen ovaries.

9dpo, I got another BFP!!!! So excited! It was on my anniversary. Baby would be due sournd the same time we miscarried earlier this year. Today, I took 2 tests, both were negative. They were the same brand I had used to get my BFP. So disappointed and I know I did this to myself. The baby aspirin was to thicken my uterine lining and I had not taken it enough. I misunderstood my dr. :( I am starting to think I won't ever be able to carry full term. Giving up on my dream of being a mommy. I had blood work done Friday but never heard back. Now I've got to call them and tell them about my BFN. Soo heartbroken. I don't want to go through TTC again. :(

Did anyone go through something similar and later be able to carry full term? Thanks in advance for any responses and for just letting me spill my heart out.
abbylu927
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: MC at 7 weeks, CP after.

Postby Stardancer8764 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:44 pm

It sucks to TCC- Really I know. Sucks to loose a baby. I know that feeling too. But don't give up! I know it's so defeating, but if the doc thinks the asprin will help, take it as directed next time and pray for a BFP and a sticky baby. Really. And don't be on yourself and beating yourself up for misunderstanding. We are human, it happens. Not your fault. :hugs:
Myself: 30
DH: 33
Married: 10/18/08
DD: Baby#1 :future baby girl: 04.26.13 :bfp: 08/12/12 :hb: 169bpm 9/10/12
:angel: Baby #2 due 1/15/15 :hb: 140bpm - 06/28/14 missed m/c and D&C at 11 weeks.
DS: Baby #3 :future baby boy: 08.11.15 :bfp: 11/23/14 :hb: 165bmp 12/23/14

3 furbabies- 2 meows, an Irish Setter
Stardancer8764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BichonFrise » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi Abby,

Please don't give up and blame yourself. I have 2 miscarriages too, the first one at 7 weeks and then followed by 5 weeks (chemical).
I am now 26 weeks pregnant, my little one is well and kicking, I am fully confident that I will hold him in my arms, alive and well, in October.

When I had my frist MC, I blamed myself too. I was travelling and I thought I didn't drink enough water, I shouldn't snorkle, I shouldn't take stairs, I should walk around when I was on a plane, I shouldn't have massage at 5 weeks, etc etc. But now after being in this board and I understand a bit more, a lot of these are beyond our control. In my case, it's simply I didn't have the good eggs that met the perfect sperms.

It's too early to give up on your dreams. If you look around in this website, there are many of us with multiple losses, some even beyond the first trimester. We should continue our courage to keep on trying, I know the grief is very overwhelming and painful. Just give yourself time to heal and once you are ready, try again.

Best of luck!
Me (39) DH (41)

TTC #1 since June 2013. Married for 10 years.

BFP #1: 10/01/2013 MC: 10/15/2013 (7 weeks)
BFP #2: 12/24/2013 MC: 01/01/2014 (5 weeks 1 day)
BFP #3: 02/08/2014 Ethan was born 6 lbs 9 Oz on Oct 17th, 2014.

TTC #2 since November 2015

My Ovulation Chart
BichonFrise
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby noahsuperman » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:39 am

abby: so sorry for your loss! :hugs: I'm 2days post D&C for a missed m/c...an embryo never developed. Today, I have intense feelings of sadness. this is our 2nd loss (first was last year)...we've been TTC'ing #2 for almost 7 years. Today, I have a feeling that we're never going to give our son a sibling.

I hope you continue trying for your dream...miracles can happen!
me 36, dh 36, ds 8 TTC #2 since october 2007
Feb 2011 #1 iui BFN
Mar 2011 BFN
Apr 2011 #2 iui BFN
May 2011 #3 iui BFN
Back in the game 2013!
Mar 2013 #4 iui BFP! :angel: 4-9-13
April 2014 first IVF. BFN
May 2014 surprise BFP!
beta 300.7
4days later beta 1129!
first u/s 6-25-14 :angel:

st gerard please pray for us.
mother mary please pray for us.
life without God is like a dull pencil...it has no point.
noahsuperman
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby abbylu927 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks for all the kind words. I just saw my dr today and my cysts have taken over my ovaries. They are about as big as they were before- the size of a fist. On both ovaries. Prog is very low. Estro is very low. Didn't want to see me on the pill so we decided to take a month off of all medications, including femara. My family has started to suggest saving for adoption. It sounds selfish but, I don't want someone else's baby. I want my own. I am very angry and bitter at the world, and myself. I can't do the one thing I was put on this earth to do.
abbylu927
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support