Sex after ectopic

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Sex after ectopic

Postby Ellyjane » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:50 am

So i feel strange asking this, but i was diagnosed with an ectopic about 10 days ago and had the methotrexate shot. Would have been about 9 weeks along. I had been avoiding sex as i didnt know what to expect, but tonight got caught up in the moment and had sex with my fiancé..well tried to.. We had to stop because it became very painful.. As soon as he got near my cervix if felt like being stabbed in the uterus. I've never ever had pain like this in that area before during sex so it frightened me. It's even painful to cough right now. Also caused a bit of blood. Is this normal? Should i be worried about it? Im Obviously going to avoid sex now for a while til i properly heal but just wanted to know if i should have expected that or not.
Thankyou for reading.
Ellyjane
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Sex after ectopic

Postby maimee79 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:52 pm

I'm sorry about your loss. I recently had a chemical pg, I thought it was over, resumed my sex life. Then a few hours after sex I had bad cramps, and I started bleeding again. I had a bad week of pain and bleeding after that, I think he must have knocked something loose that hasn't originally come out during the miscarriage.
Since you had an ectopic, if your pain is bad, you should call your doctor, and if it gets unbearable, or if you start bleeding more than a pad per hour, you should go to the er. I hope you feel better soon, take it easy.
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support