Waiting to miscarry

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Waiting to miscarry

Postby SaraMPT » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:42 pm

Long story short, I should be 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant today but I've been spotting since 4w1d and went to the ER at 6w4d for slightly heavier spotting and had an "empty uterus" on the ultrasound, hcg at 360. Two days later, follow-up hcg levels were at 389, so I have more bloodwork this week and am basically waiting for my body to have a full-on miscarriage.

I have never been through this before, this was our first cycle trying to get pregnant with our first baby so it's been an emotionally difficult time. I also have no idea what I should expect to pass with hcg levels that low. Has anyone been through a similar situation??
SaraMPT
Friend

Re: Waiting to miscarry

Postby Kandii » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:06 pm

I had a miscarriage in Feb this year, it was also my first attempt at getting pregnant. I didn't find out until 8 weeks, and miscarried at 10 weeks. I had to use misoprostol though. It didn't happen naturally for more. I had a lot of complications following that so it took 5 months for my body to get back to normal and be ready for another pregnancy, but I am 18 weeks pregnant now and couldn't be happier.
Those 5 months during the loss and recovery were very difficult for me, I cried a lot, was miserable and even now I still think about the loss but with time I started to feel better. Its ok to be upset and cry when you need too. Its all part of the process. I took a weeks leave from work so I could miscarry physically and so mentally I could heal a bit. But the mental side definitely takes a lot longer.
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24th, 2015

~*TTC #2* shhh :shh: it's a secret!~
Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEPT2014 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:00 am

Hi Sara, unfortunately this part of the forum can be quiet at times. I would like to post here more but tend to post more on the buddy groups . It is a really hard experience to go through. I had a heterotopic pregnancy (one miscarried and the other was ectopic and ruptured my right tube) and then had another miscarriage in May. In January you can look at my charts if you wish it has hcg etc on it. My hcg went from 861 - 1644 - 1800 and then the night of the 1800 my tube ruptured. The day the did surgery my hcg went down to 1300. At 861 or 1644 they couldn't see anything either apart from an enlarged endometrium typical in early pregnancy. I passed organ like tissue like and lots of clots after severe cramping but I think this may have been more severe because I also had an embryo in my tube that was hanging on and it was very close to my uterus. I didn't cry properly until about a week after my surgery and I still do now but not as much. With your levels I would say it could be tissue and clots (sorry I am trying to be sensitive when saying that) and it could be a heavy bleed or a medium bleed and the first period after could be heavier instead. Please look after yourself it is such a hard time emotionally, surround yourself with people that will listen to you if you want to talk. It is great to see stories like kandii etc that there are happy stories after miscarriage and that warms my heart
Me: 38, DH: 42 - TTC No. 1 since Oct 2013
My Ovulation Chart

MC twin A 12.01.2014 @ 6w6d
Emergency Lap on 16.01.2014 @ 7w3d Twin B (ectopic) & ruptured right tube, left tube ok

May 2014 - CP/MC 5w+3, numerous chemicals since

Metformin (PCOS), bromocriptine(elevated prolactin)
April 2015 HSG - normal uterus and left tube fine
Nov 2015 - investigative hystero & D&C - normal
March 2016 - Start IVF+PGS - our last hope :omg: :love:
Day 9 : 11 measurable follies - egg retrieval March 2016 :omg:
8 eggs selected for fert by icsi - 8 x fert.
Day 5: 5 embryos for PGS biopsy & freeze.
PGS (ngs)results: 2 x normal & 3 x abnormal
FET June 2016 1 x PGS normal blast transferred :omg:
Trust your gut instincts.
Bfp July 2016 - please stay around little one :hb:
SEPT2014
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tryingnumber3 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:11 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. I just had my first miscarriage this month. I had my 6 week first prenatal exam on monday the 20th and had to go to urgent care on saturday for cramping and spotting. Turns out my betas were only 58 then and on monday when they retested 46. This monday which was one week later I had no more hcg. This has been quite an emotionally devastating experience. I was so sad. I still am sad, but can function.
If you need to talk or anything I am right here, a week ahead of you in miscarrying. This was my first mc as well.
Me: Jessica 26
DH: 27
DD1: 8
DD2: 5
DD3: 7/21/15 :babyg:
baby #4 due 6/20/17

:angel: 10/19/14, 6 weeks

My Ovulation Chart
tryingnumber3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SaraMPT » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:26 am

Thank you all for your replies. This has been such a strange and difficult time for us. My hcg was at 311 last Monday (lower than when I was in the ER the week previous) so I am definitely having a miscarriage. The "good" news is that nothing is still growing in there and we can start over hopefully soon.

I went into this knowing the 50% rate for early miscarriages but it's somehow different when it's you. I guess I thought of the positive test as the finish line, when that's nowhere near the reality. Unfortunately I know our next pregnancy will be so much more stressful because of how this one went, but I hope for a much more successful second pregnancy.
SaraMPT
Friend

Postby SaraMPT » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:18 am

Well, it looks like I'll be ending this awful experience with a D&C. My hcg levels went back up to 377 a week after they were 311. I have more bloodwork tomorrow, but I'm still getting strong positives on pregnancy tests so I am not hopeful that levels have dropped at all.

I really wanted to let my body do this naturally, but I've been pregnant-not-pregnant for over a month now and I want to move on.
SaraMPT
Friend

Postby tryingnumber3 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:13 am

Omg! That's awful! I am so sorry this is being strung out so long for you.
Me: Jessica 26
DH: 27
DD1: 8
DD2: 5
DD3: 7/21/15 :babyg:
baby #4 due 6/20/17

:angel: 10/19/14, 6 weeks

My Ovulation Chart
tryingnumber3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SaraMPT » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:10 pm

Just a quick update of the world's longest miscarriage...we decided against the D&C because my hcg came back at 179 two days before it was scheduled to happen (down from 377 the week before). A week after that, it only dropped to 128 and I go back tomorrow, two weeks from the last time, to see where we're at.

Just to clarify how ridiculous this is, I started spotting when my period was only two days late, so I was 4w1d, and I would have been into the second trimester by now but instead I am STILL waiting to stop being pregnant so I can start over.

At this point, I am openly jealous of the women who have one day miscarriages, one quick event and they move on with their lives. This has dragged on for two months. I have been bleeding for two months. What a nightmare.
SaraMPT
Friend

Postby beelady » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:21 am

I am so sorry you have been through this and hope that the miscarriage is soon finished.
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hmld7 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:57 pm

Wow I'm so sorry you are being subjected to this, it's completely unfair. Do they not do d&cs at a certain hcg level? This just seems cruel. You seem to be handling it really well. Kudos to you and baby dust soon!
Me - 34
DH - 32
D/C Nuvaring 10/13
Dx hypothyroid 1/14
M/C @ 4 wks, 5/14
Insulin level 21, Started on metformin 10/16/14
BFP on 11/25/14
M/C @ 6 weeks, 12/8/14
Hmld7
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Kandii » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Hey Sara! Just checking in with you to see how everything is going.
I too had a horrid miscarriage. I bled for 11 weeks, my hcg took 100 days to drop to "less than 5" aka not pregnant and it was FIVE months before I could TTC again. Worst. Experience. Ever.
Luckily they at least offered you a D&C, I was never given that option.
Hoping all is well.
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24th, 2015

~*TTC #2* shhh :shh: it's a secret!~
Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tesskcmo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:38 pm

I just found out today that there was no heart beat in would be 7 weeks and 6 days today. Last week we saw the heart beat but it was slow at 113 bpm. I was so hopeful after trying for two years that my prayers were finally answered. Now I'm just waiting to miscarry and feeling devastated. I know I'm not the first person to experience this but right now it's hard picturing being happy again.... I feel like such a failure and now I feel like I'll never be able to "pull-up my bootstraps" to overcome this and become a "better person" for this. Not to sound pathetic but I've had a fair amount of heart ache in my life and I'm just running out of steam. I don't have the energy to keep fighting. I just feel so lost and broken. I have no confidence things will get "better". I guess I just don't know how or what to hope for anymore.
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support