Early Miscarriage After 1st Round of Clomid

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Early Miscarriage After 1st Round of Clomid

Postby Hoping&Wanting » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:09 am

Hi all! I am absolutely devastated. I started my first round of Clomid this last cycle and to our delight, we got a bfp! Not just one, but 5!!!! (I'm a poas addict) now a week later, my breasts weren't as tender, so I decided to take another test (to see if it changed from 1-2 weeks to 3-4) and it came out negative!
I used another two tests (different brands) and sure enough they were negative as well.
I haven't started bleeding or cramping or anything yet, but the doctor said it should start by the end the week.
This is my third pregnancy, but my first miscarriage... I'm so angry, and sad, and confused all at the same time. I know it's early and most people didn't even know I was pregnant, but I am still very upset.
I'm also scared to try to get pregnant again... and take clomid again...ugh... any advice?
Hoping&Wanting
Friend

Re: Early Miscarriage After 1st Round of Clomid

Postby deblav1 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:00 pm

Hey there, I'm so sorry for what you're going through, trust me in saying that I know it's not easy!! I've had three pregnancies and unfortunately three miscarriages, :cry:

I just wanted to share because you weren't sure if you should use Clomid again the next time around, I guess my thought on that is that my first two pregnancies were done the natural way and the last one was with IUI, so I'm thinking that no matter how they were conceived, when it's not meant to be, it's just not meant to be..

Don't give up, as hard as it is to deal with the situation right now, take the time you need to heal, then follow what your heart tells you.
Me: 32 unexplained infertility, tests all cleared
DH: 34 unexplained infertility, tests all cleared
TTC 8 yrs
July/08: BFP, conceived naturally
Sept/08: M/C @ 13.2wks
Jan/11: BFP, conceived naturally
Feb/11: M/C @ 4.1wks
June/12: Clomid cycle #1: BFN
July/12: Clomid cycle #2: BFN
Aug/12: Clomid cycle #3: BFN
Jan/13: Clomid cycle #4: BFN
Feb/13: Clomid cycle #5: BFN
June/14: IUI #1: BFN
Sept 22/14: IUI #2
Oct 6/14: BFP!
Oct 24/14: M/C @ 6.4wks
deblav1
Friend

Postby Hoping&Wanting » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:31 pm

Thank you for your kind words. I'm so sorry for your losses. It's hard for me too because I hadn't told anybody yet (except my dh), so I feel very alone in the situation. I almost wish I would have told my sister at least, but in a weird way, I'm almost embarrassed. I don't know why...
Hoping&Wanting
Friend

Postby deblav1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:29 pm

The situation is a hard thing for us to accept in the first place, so I think that's why it's hard for us to tell other people. It's wierd but I kind of get these senses of who I'm ready to share with and who I'm not when I went through my m/c's, and It was different people everytime! If you're not ready now and something is telling you to wait, follow your gut feeling, you'll know when you're ready. I had my last m/c in October, and the only ones that I felt ready to share my story with this time was with my mom and one of my sisters, and they didn't even know I was pregnant again in the first place. Now I think I will be ready to tell my in laws and the rest of my siblings during xmas time. So go at your own pace, and follow your gut feeling! But just know that you're not alone! I know what you're going through and I'm here if you need to talk!!
TTC 8 yrs
deblav1
Friend

Postby Hoping&Wanting » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Thank you so much Deb! I'm doing a lot better today, and started spotting. (I'm actually glad I got a little warning to the whole thing, or I'd probably be more upset.) It's strange because I am still having pregnancy symptoms, so it's kind of hard to believe still. Did you still have pregnancy symptoms add well after, or did they just vanish?
Hoping&Wanting
Friend

Postby deblav1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Actually, for me they were all different! For the first one, I was in my 13th week of pregnancy but the baby's heart had stopped at around 8 weeks and I had no warning until I started spotting at the 13 week date, so the pregnancy symptoms kept on going for about 5 weeks. The second one, the symptoms stopped right away I miscarried very early on at about 4 weeks. And this last one, I was almost at 7 weeks and the symptoms lasted about almost two weeks later. I find that for me, the hardest part (other than the loss!) is the hormonal imbalance fluctuation! I'm :D one minute and :cry: or :angry: the next! Thank god I have a very supportive and understanding husband! :)
TTC 8 yrs
deblav1
Friend

Postby Tinleykayewash » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:37 am

I'm sorry for your loss. You know I had told quite a few of my family members and at first I regretted it, but after the fact, I realized that I was happy that they knew because they were so supportive! My sister made me soup and brought me movies to watch, and my parents checked on me daily. It's not an easy thing to go through. Lean on your family, they'll support you:)
My Ovulation Chart

Me 32, DH 36
3 FUR BABIES :)
BFP 1st cycle Clomid 8/13 BFP
MC 10/13 @ 8 weeks
12/14 2nd Clomid Cycle: BFN
5/15-1/16 50 MG CLOMID....ALL BFN cd 21 progesterone 34
1/16 100 MG CLOMID- BFP 10DPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! progesterone @ 4dpo=43
Beta # 1 22dpo= 5600 HCG 50 Prog.
DD born: 10/13/16 7 lbs. 14 oz.!!!!
Tinleykayewash
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hoping&Wanting » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:22 am

Deb, I have been having a hard time with the hormonal imbalance too. My husband is the best. He's so calm and caring with all of it. I'm grateful for that!

Tinley, I finally told my sister, and it has helped quite a bit. I still am glad that I hadn't told anybody else though. Most don't even know that we are ttc anyways (I don't want everybody asking every other day "are you pregnant? Maybe you're pregnant?")... I know our time will come. At least I know now that we CAN get pregnant! That's a very hopeful sign.
Hoping&Wanting
Friend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support