BFP after miscarriage and low betas... help !

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFP after miscarriage and low betas... help !

Postby cleo04 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:18 pm

I miscarried Febuary 2nd at 6 weeks but pregnancy hadn't really developped very well as my betas were 96 two days earlier. I had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago that confirmed there were no retained products of pregnancy. I tested throughout to get my BFN and a week into it I got a really faint line which told me that my hormones were almost gone. But since then , my BFPs got darker and darker and are still there plain as day. My bbt chart is all over the place and looks like I have not ovulated this cycle as there is no sustained temp. Could I still have hormones after 4 weeks if they were at 96 to begin with ? Any idea what is happening ? Thanks.
cleo04

Re: BFP after miscarriage and low betas... help !

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:09 pm

First of all, I'm sorry for the loss of your LO. :(

I don't have any personal experience with this, so I can't say anything for certain, but I believe your chances of conceiving the cycle after a miscarriage is slightly higher than normal, kind of like coming off of birth control. Your system as been reset. I know with birth control, many women release multiple eggs that first cycle an have a higher chance of twins.

I have heard from other people on here who have gotten pregnant before documenting ovulation, so it is entirely possible that's what happened. With my limited knowledge of how long it would take for all hormones to work their way out from the first pregnancy, I would guess that any positives now are legitimate. Best of luck to you. I hope it's a sticky bean!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support