Family History?

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Family History?

Postby Shoobie1124 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:58 am

Hi Ladies - I was wondering if anyone has spoken with their doctor about family history of miscarriage or the "Miscarriage Gene" My Grandmother had 5 miscarriages at various stages between my Aunt and my Mom. My mom had several - up to 7 after me - and I am an only child. I have an appointment with my Dr. later this month to see if there is anything I can do to break this cycle, does anyone here have any experience with this? Thank You!
Shoobie1124
Friend

Re: Family History?

Postby _Cass_ » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:03 am

Hi Shoobie! My mother has had 5 MCs (2 before me, young, and one in between her last 3 pg), there's 5 of us. My G'ma had 2 but used an IUD *copper* for many, many years in-between.

My doc told me it isn't really a concern.. many woman will experience a MC or Chem PG(most the women I know have had a loss). With tech/tests* now a days, if feels more in your face, but it is a part of TTC. MC's are much more common than we'd like to think.

Nonetheless, it's awesome to get checked out as there are genetic abnormalities/ natural deficiencies that can make it difficult to conceive and hold on to a PG. I'd be interested to see what your doc says! :)
_Cass_
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support