Currently going through a mc

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Currently going through a mc

Postby mrscolviper3 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:26 am

Just found out yesterday we are having a mc (though my gut told me sooner).
Hubby is not taking it well. He's angry and hurt. I'm physically and emotionally hurt.

I've been bleeding but not heavily yet. I'm hoping to get a d&c Monday or weds of this week.

Can anyone describe their experience with a d&c? Is the recovery bad or is it worse to wait it out and let my body expel it naturally?
My Ovulation Chart
Me:31
DH:31
TTC #1 since Dec 2014
Pregnant on cycle #3
Miscarriage at 8w4d (baby measured 6w)

Pregnant with my rainbow baby!!
mrscolviper3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Currently going through a mc

Postby Sms842 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:51 pm

I can't help you with what a D&C feels like or recovery, since mine happened naturally. I'm so sorry, but I know how you must feel.
Me: 31
DH: 36
PCOS/APS
DS: Kevin Joshua born 7/22/2016

TTC #2
BFP: 8/4/17 - CP
BFP: 9/14/17 - CP

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58167d/thumb.png
Sms842
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrscolviper3 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:16 pm

Thank u. What was yours like naturally? Did u bleed a lot after it all passed?
My Ovulation Chart
TTC #1 since Dec 2014
Pregnant on cycle #3

mrscolviper3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sms842 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:29 am

I had very heavy bleeding and cramping which lasted a full day and then it was much lighter after that. I have a friend who wrote a blog post of her experience and maybe that will help.

http://simply--a.blogspot.com/2015/01/t ... thing.html
PCOS/APS

TTC #2

Sms842
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrscolviper3 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:38 pm

thank you that was a very touching blog post. i feel so bad for her. im currently going through the natural miscarriage because my body starting getting rid of it before i could get the d&c. i guess it is better this way in some light...but the pain, bleeding, and clotting is horrendous. :(
My Ovulation Chart
TTC #1 since Dec 2014
Pregnant on cycle #3

mrscolviper3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sms842 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:58 am

Yes, I agree. I was so uncomfortable when it happened and I was at work, which didn't help much. I hope it doesn't last too long for you. It'll get better, it's tough right now, but you'll have your time. Feel better.
PCOS/APS

TTC #2

Sms842
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pumpkinseed » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:09 pm

I'm so sorry. m/c are not fun. my husband was depressed afterwards also. you don't ever expect to miscarry, especially your first pregnancy. i'm glad you can do it naturally. mine hapoened naturally also. i started spotting then progressed to cramps and then 2 hours of agony (as sac detached?) and diarrhea. i felt like i was in labor. later that day, it all passed (no pain) then). not a ton of blood, just light bleeding for 3-4 days. next few periods might include spotting and tissue.

again i'm so sorry. hoping it all passes quickly for you. being early the pain shouldn't last too long. everyone is different.

emotionally it takes time but eventually you feel ready. i hope you are able to heal and that your husband can find peace.
Me: 37 / DH: 43 / G-free / Autoimmune thyroid disease (nature-throid)
Lovenox, metanx, baby aspirin, prometrium, vitamin d3, prenatal, progesterone
MMC: 01-14-15
CP: 4-12-15
MMC: 7-13-15 (d&c, heartbeat was seen but gone at 8 weeks, 2 days)
TTC ON HOLD WHILE I AWAIT RESULTS, HOPING FOR RAINBOW BABY
pumpkinseed
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Leilani1984 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:45 pm

I'm so sorry you and dh are going through this. I had a d&c and I cramped right after for about a day or 2. I did have a heavy bleed that lasted 2 days then got lighter. I got pregnant 2 months after and he's now 13! I have heard that with a d&c it is actually good because it gets all of the old lining off and automatically gets your body ready again for a sticky. There's no waiting like 2 months to try again, or atleast that's what I've heard. I will keep you and dh in my thoughts and prayers.
Me:32 DH:40 DS:15 DD:12
Ttc my 3rd, DH's 1st since Oct. 2012
DH's SA= TERRIBLE, taking vitamins and Clomid

Hsg: 10/2015 Tubes Clear!
BFP! 11/21/2015 after 37 cycles ttc, 1st cycle after HSG
Angel: 11/30/2015

Lap: 7/2016 found NOTHING wrong
Now taking Clomid 3-7 50mg, mucinex, grapefruit juice, soft cups, and folic acid. Cmon sticky BFP!

http://fertilityfriend.com/home/4bc191/ ... %5B/url%5D
Leilani1984
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsDance » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:03 pm

Oh NO. I'm just devastated to hear this mrscolviper :( I'm so sorry. My miscarriage last year was a couple of weeks earlier than yours so my experience physically was probably not as intense, but basically I had the WORST cramping of my life for a day (I already knew that the pregnancy wasn't progressing, had known for about a week). That night something woke me at 3am, I ran to the bathroom and passed a huge huge blood clot and after that the pain stopped and I just had something similar to a normal period. I would recommend waiting a couple of cycles before trying again because it took two periods of passing more big clots (none quite as big as the first though) before my body went back to normal and I guess everything was cleaned out. Then we conceived again straight after those two cycles, which is apparently quite common so I hope that encourages you (if you are planning on trying again soon). Again I am so sorry, I was so hopeful for your pregnancy!
MrsDance

Postby efina9 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:12 am

I'm so so sorry you're going through this. I found out at 9w1d that my baby had stopped growing at 6w4d and had a d&c the same day. My body gave me no no signs that anything was wrong, and it still didn't understand that I wasn't pregnant until 3 days after the d&c when my pregnancy symptoms started dropping, and the heavy cramping and bleeding started. It was really bad for 4-5 days then the cramping and heavy bleeding went down. I had horrible headaches (never have them normally), chills, night sweats, and felt absolutely awful from the hormones dropping. It's now been almost 3 weeks and I still spot a lot and every now and then I get heavy bleeding, where I fill up 3 tampons within a few hours then it stops (happened last 2 days ago, and the day before). It really, really sucks. I'm am I very healthy person, and I was hoping to heal well from this, but I'm not, and my body feels completely broken. I haven't taken a pregnancy test in a week, but last time I took one the test line was still stronger than the control line. Sorry for being such a downer, but I just wanted to let you know that everyone's body reacts different to a miscarriage and d&c, and apparently my experience is normal as well. I've talked to the hospital and they are not concerned. I'm going in for my check-up tomorrow, and we will see if everything is fine. I was hoping to start ttc again, but I feel so broken now, that I have no idea when I will be back again. I think that maybe I'm a rare case, and I hope this is not yours. Since you started bleeding already, I think this is a good sign that your body is "getting it", and that your hormones are going down. Good luck and feel better hun <3
Me: 30
DH: 37
mmc and d&c 3/12/2015 at 9w1d

August 22nd, bfp at 8 dpo!

Estimated due date is May 8th, and my birthday is May 9th!

My Ovulation Chart

efina9
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby beelady » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:25 am

I am sorry for your loss mrscolviper. I have had 3 mmc, the first 2 I had d&c's and was left with retained tissue - it took ages for my cycles to get back to normal after them, it was a nightmare. The last mmc was passed naturally and although I had a lot of pain and bleeding I think it was better, also i seem to be getting back to normal quicker, and I have had no retained tissue. I think it is better to mc naturally than to have surgical intervention, I had a scan after the last one ( I was there to have a scan to see if there was any change) and I also tested the hcg back to bfn just to reassure myself.

If your temp goes up, or you get a funny discharge, or feel unwell speak to your doc, otherwise you should be ok. I conceived my 3 yr old son a year after my first mmc. Miscarriage is unfortunately very common, you are in my prayers and I wish you luck when you try again.
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mrscolviper3 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:08 am

Thanks everyone for your support. It really means a lot. I did pass everything naturally and the cramping and heavy bleeding has finally stopped after 3 days. I was told to wait 2-3 months to try again so I'm going to at least wait 2. We really want a healthy baby. My hormone levels were at 7200 on Monday,down from 16230 the previous Friday. I'm being checked weekly to make sure my levels get back to zero before we try again.
My Ovulation Chart
TTC #1 since Dec 2014
Pregnant on cycle #3

mrscolviper3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support