Tampon during miscarriage?

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Tampon during miscarriage?

Postby southernbelle » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:20 am

I was wondering if it might be all right to wear a tampon for about an hour tops tomorrow. I started bleeding today although I haven't passed the sac yet. I'm supposed to take my daughter swimming tomorrow and I really wanted to get in the pool with her, but obviously can't if I can't wear a tampon. Is it really that risky if I wear one for an hour or should I just avoid it all together. I just hate that I feel like my life has to stop because of this crap. Thanks.
southernbelle

Re: Tampon during miscarriage?

Postby pumpkinseed » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:55 pm

sorry about your miscarriage. i would avoid inserting anything up there for 2-3 weeks during/after miscarriage, otherwise you risk infection. i avoided sex, baths, pools/hot tubs, etc as your cervix is open. sorry if this isn't what you want to hear, but better to be cautious. sorry again and hang in there...
Me: 37 / DH: 43 / G-free / Autoimmune thyroid disease (nature-throid)
Lovenox, metanx, baby aspirin, prometrium, vitamin d3, prenatal, progesterone
MMC: 01-14-15
CP: 4-12-15
MMC: 7-13-15 (d&c, heartbeat was seen but gone at 8 weeks, 2 days)
TTC ON HOLD WHILE I AWAIT RESULTS, HOPING FOR RAINBOW BABY
pumpkinseed
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Tampon during miscarriage?

Postby southernbelle » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:11 pm

Sigh ... yeah I know. I hate that I'm not able to be intimate with dh either. I know we could use condoms, but bleh - not the same lol Pain in the @ss!

Thanks for replying!
southernbelle

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support