They refuse me tissue removal

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

They refuse me tissue removal

Postby Floyderin » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:11 pm

Floyderin
So I miscarried 6th may this year.. Kept bleeding for three weeks and positive pregnancy test after three weeks too... Went to emergency and they saw leftovers both times both emergency appointments...
Still refusing to give me surgery to remove the leftover tissue and last time the dr (in fact not a fully dr yet but had to talk to a real dr before giving me advice, this at the emergency clinic for women in Sweden) said the leftovers is so little they wouldn't have anything to suck out if opting for surgery... Still she said to go back if still bleeding on June 8th or still have a positive pregnancy test at June 8th.
Find it a bit weird, why would I go back there if they can't give me the surgery anyway?
Seems like they are lying to me saying surgery is worthless to save resources.
The dr says new research says it's better for the body to expel the leftover tissue by itself with the next coming period.
I think this sound very risky but they refuse me to give me surgery and after all it's the only place here I can turn to as it's the public clinics performing this and they would read my journal stating I'm being denied the tissue removal surgery.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I'm terrified to get sterile because they want to save money on denying tissue removal.
Just simply terrified and hate being the victim of resource down cuts.
Floyderin

Re: They refuse me tissue removal

Postby Yelibaby » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:35 pm

I've never heard of this. Get a second opinion!
Me: 31
DH: 29
TTC #1 since OCT 2014. After 1 year Nuvaring.
Hoping for twins!! :D

BFP Feb 2015 - Mc at 7 weeks
BFP Apr 2015 - cp
BFP May 24th, 2015 (My bday - 9dpo) - EDD 2/5/2016

Beta 10dpo - 35// 12dpo - 100// 14dpo - 255// 17dpo - 1186.4// 21dpo - 7763.4

Progesterone 10dpo - 56.4 (oral progesterone)
Progesterone 14dpo - 61.3 (vaginal supplements and shot)

My Ovulation Chart

Yelibaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: They refuse me tissue removal

Postby Tina03 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:16 am

I'm going through a similar thing right now. I know the post is a bit older, but in case someone reads this....
I miscarried naturally after waiting for it for 5 weeks since my twins passed away at 6-7 weeks. It was painful experience, on the second day the pain was so bad i had to be brought by ambulance to the hospital in the middle of the night and got morphene (i was told that's how labour pain feels like). I had passed huge clots and lots of blood. But still there was a little tissue left. I was recommended by 2 doctors not to do a d&c as that could have a negative effect on future pregnancies. I also see a d&c as an emergency op only. Plus one said it was not enough tissue to do a d&c anyway. So i was given misoprostol (4 pills vaginally) to cause cramps and bleeding. But it didn't do anything to me. My bleeding has completely stopped. So I have to repeat it until something happens or eventually my body does it itself again i guess. Usually the pills work to 90% within 4-6 hours after using them. So instead of d&c, you can try with medication to help your body expell the tissue.
2012 diagnosed with endometriosis, surgery/lap, diagnosed with subseptate uterus 2017...TTC since almost 3 years before first BFP in 2015
2015 August 4 - MC identical twins at 7 w, BFP @ 13dpo - squinter BFP @ 12 dpo, Betas: 152, 310, 1982
2016 Oct 10 - MC at 5-6 weeks, BFP @ 9dpo, Beta @ 4w 199

2016 Dec 30 - BFP @ 9dpo > EDD Sept 13, 2017 It's a BOY (av. BPM 130)

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support