2nd miscarriage in a row

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2nd miscarriage in a row

Postby Hopingfor4loves » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:24 am

I had my first miscarriage on March 31 and became pregnant after my first cycle in May. That pregnancy was not progressing and on Saturday july 11 I lost my second baby. I have had 3 healthy pregnancies prior to recent events and I am curious if anyone has gone on to have a healthy pregnancy following 2 MCs in a row? I'm also wondering if it's better to wait a few cycles or if right away is better? My midwife basically said its up to me as research shows no increased risk when conceiving right away. I am awaiting chromosomal testing on the most recent loss but both me and my midwife believe it was simply bad luck. Any opinios or success stories are welcome.
Hopingfor4loves
Friend

Re: 2nd miscarriage in a row

Postby mylammie04 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi Hopingfor4loves,

I am so sorry about your two losses :( *sending hugs your way*

I am currently pregnant after my 2 losses. I am hoping this progresses into my rainbow baby. So far, so good (knocks on wood). I agree with your midwife, there isn't a reason to necessarily wait -- it's totally dependent on how you are feeling physically and emotionally. Maybe the chromosomal testing will help set some of your anxieties to rest.

I hope you get your rainbow baby soon!
Me: 34
DH: 34
TTC #1 since 01/14
Dx PCOS: 09/14
1st MC: 08/01/14 :angel:
2nd MC: 04/14/15 :angel:
3rd MC: 07/17/17 :angel:

RAINBOW BABY
02/14/16 :babyb:

TTC #2
mylammie04
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: 2nd miscarriage in a row

Postby Hopingfor4loves » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:55 am

Thank you. Each day is getting better. I have a strong desire to start trying right away. I really want to carry a child in my womb one more time. I think I'll wait until my first AF and then try to bd around o but I'm ok if it takes a few cycles. I am anxious to determine the cause of this last mc but I think no matter what we will try again very soon.
Sticky baby dust to you and congratulations on your rainbow :)
Hopingfor4loves
Friend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support