Just had a complete M/C, didn't know I was pregnant...

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Just had a complete M/C, didn't know I was pregnant...

Postby Born2BeMommy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi everyone, I'm just looking for support and some answers.

Over the weekend, I had very light spotting and AF-like cramping, but I've had irregular periods forever and just thought it was AF coming after being MIA since March. Then on Monday, I started having cramps as if I was passing a clot, but no clots ever came and the pain became so severe in a span of about 3 hours that I left work early to go to the ER, where they told me I was pregnant after a urine test. HCG was only 81, so they ordered blood tests and a sonogram. I passed the entire sac with baby intact inside before they got the chance. It all happened very fast and I'm still kind of in shock about the whole thing.

No one would speculate about the gestational age of the baby when it passed away or when that probably happened. All the doctor would tell me was that they sent it to pathology. (Will I be informed of the results, by chance? How does that work?) I was advised to follow up with an OB specifically rather than a regular gynecologist, but that absolutely necessary? The bleeding seems perfectly fine to me, if not a bit sparse (I'm only going through one or two pads a day and barely soiling one overnight) and I went back to work Tuesday morning like business as usual. Only the occasional cramp bothers me. Otherwise, I have no trouble completing my regular duties at work.

Since the miscarriage is confirmed complete, can I count this bleeding as a new cycle or do I need to wait until this stops and a real period starts? This was my first pregnancy and I don't know anyone personally who has experienced exactly the same thing, so I'm not sure how that works. Google hasn't been especially helpful under these circumstances.

Thank you in advance for any responses. I'd really appreciate any support right now.
Me (22) ~ SO (20)
MC July 2015 @ 16 weeks - cord accident
CP Oct. 2015 @ 4 weeks

Baby dust to all! :)
Born2BeMommy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Just had a complete M/C, didn't know I was pregnant...

Postby Jessibabi123 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:46 pm

I have no advice or experience, but just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss :( xx
I'm Jess, 23 years old, stay at home mummy to my beautiful daughter, born April 2013 and gorgeous son, born November 2014.
BFP 2nd cycle ttc first baby.
BFP by surprise at 6 weeks pregnant second baby.
BFP 1st cycle ttc third baby.
Baby dust to all xo
Image<br />My Ovulation Chart<br />
Jessibabi123
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kbarron277 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi, I'm so sorry for your loss :(

If you press for information they should tell you anything you want to know about the baby and his gestational age ( if they know). As far as bleeding, I hardly bled after I passed the baby but I think that's not the norm (my mom and aunts bled a lot during their miscarriages). Also, My OB told me to wait until I had a real period to start trying again, just to give you body some time to heal.

Hope that helped some! :)
Trying for baby number 1! :)

BFP - 12-11-15

Miscarried on 3-2-15 at 8 weeks
Kbarron277
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Born2BeMommy » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Thank you ladies for your kind words and apologies for the late reply. I've been desperate to stay busy recently.

The bleeding stopped after about two weeks and I did eventually manage to get my hands on the pathology report. It seems my baby girl was well-formed and healthy, but the cord somehow got wrapped around her neck several times and caused her death around 16 weeks (she was about 2 oz., so 15-16 weeks I imagine). I'd sacrifice anything if it meant I could have her back. :(

I really wish this had never happened so I could've gone on believing I couldn't get pregnant, but now that I have a tiny sliver of hope... ugh. I started my period on the 9th and now all I want to do is try again. Some hugely irrational part of me wants to just BD with anyone willing until it happens. How ridiculous. I'm not even anywhere near financially able now that I'm looking at divorce and over $4,000 in medical bills. :(

Thanks again for your kind words. I appreciate it more than you know.
Me (22) ~ SO (20)
CP Oct. 2015 @ 4 weeks

Born2BeMommy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Leilani1984 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:55 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. From your siggy it looks like you are young. That's such a blessing! You have plenty of time to get your life where it needs to be and be happy. If you and DH aren't getting along now, bringing a baby into it will only make it worse. If you are already looking into divorce, then get that done with. Find a guy who wants what you want and do it together. Sounds like you have what all of us have, and that's baby fever lol. Take advantage of being young and enjoy yourself. You are only young once! My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Me:32 DH:40 DS:15 DD:12
Ttc my 3rd, DH's 1st since Oct. 2012
DH's SA= TERRIBLE, taking vitamins and Clomid

Hsg: 10/2015 Tubes Clear!
BFP! 11/21/2015 after 37 cycles ttc, 1st cycle after HSG
Angel: 11/30/2015

Lap: 7/2016 found NOTHING wrong
Now taking Clomid 3-7 50mg, mucinex, grapefruit juice, soft cups, and folic acid. Cmon sticky BFP!

http://fertilityfriend.com/home/4bc191/ ... %5B/url%5D
Leilani1984
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KayBaby » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:59 pm

Sorry for your loss!!! Thanks so much for sharing your story...giving an update. You are courage and will be a mother one day...good luck to you!!
KayBaby

Postby kettypatrick » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:11 am

Oh so sorry about your huge loss, be courageous. Agree with Leilani1984 "If you are already looking into divorce, then get that done with."
kettypatrick

Postby Born2BeMommy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:09 pm

Thank you all, I appreciate your support so much.

I was NTNP with my current SO and we conceived my Sep. 9 cycle, but it was a CP. :(
Me (22) ~ SO (20)
CP Oct. 2015 @ 4 weeks

Born2BeMommy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support