baby's *should have been* due date coming soon

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

baby's *should have been* due date coming soon

Postby Kbarron277 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:11 pm

Hello,

On March 2 I miscarried our child at 8 weeks. The pregnancy was a happy surprise and me and my husband were excited to have our first baby. Unfortunately it ended all too soon.

I was wondering what everyone does on your *should have been* due date day? Anything special? The due date would have been October 7th.

Also I might add that my aunt has the exact same due date as me (or what should have been my due date)....so I am worried that I might be in the hospital full of babies and I can't imagine how devastating that would be. Any advice? I love my aunt and want to be there, but I still cry daily for my loss.
Last edited by Kbarron277 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying for baby number 1! :)

BFP - 12-11-15

Miscarried on 3-2-15 at 8 weeks
Kbarron277
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: baby's *should have been* due date coming soon

Postby TracieMarie77 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:10 am

I think you are entitled to feel upset about possibly being in the hospital around other babies. A miscarriage to me is the same as any other loss of a loved one. You may need to just step back and not go see her for a little bit until you are ready. I think a nice little memorial on the due date would be fitting. Light a candle and talk to your angel baby. There is no right or wrong on how to process or grieve. Best of luck to you xoxoxo
TracieMarie77
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kbarron277 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:56 pm

Thank you for responding Tracie. I think you are right, I will refrain until I can emotionally keep it together in front of my aunt. I also love that idea of having a little memorial, I didn't want the day to just go by so thank you for your ideas. Xoxo
Trying for baby number 1! :)

BFP - 12-11-15

Miscarried on 3-2-15 at 8 weeks
Kbarron277
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TracieMarie77 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:45 pm

You're welcome. Trust me I know how it is having a difficult time accepting someone else's pregnancy or birth. I will be 38 next month and went through a divorce last year. I've met an amazing guy neither one of us has kids. I want to consider it. I have a friend who is pregnant and in no way ready or sorry fit to be a parent. So I have a hard time supporting it and feel a bit jealous about it. I guess for me if its meant to be it will happen.

But yes hang in there and definitely take some time for yourself. Of anyone doesn't understand what you're going through then who cares. Do what you need to to heal and eventually move forward and hopefully you can try again. Xoxoxo
TracieMarie77
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby southernbelle » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:06 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had three and the second loss due date is coming up in three weeks then the other two in a couple of months. It sucks and I always get sad. I find that ttc helps get my mind off of it a little bit. Each bfn cycle though I just get frustrated. I've found that wine helps, too. lol :)
southernbelle

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support