Currently MC

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Currently MC

Postby tallytally » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:18 am

I started MC yesterday morning at 5 weeks. I didn't bleed a lot yesterday but at 5 am I was woken with the worst cramps and bleeding ever. I don't want to go to the doctor because I know they can't do anything. How long does it last? Did anyone else choose not to go to the doctor?
tallytally
Friend

Re: Currently MC

Postby elohcin76 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:49 am

So, so sorry.

I've had many many miscarriages and have only seen a doctor for three of them (my first one which was also my first pregnancy, my ectopic- for the early stages of "normal" miscarriage and then my emergency surgery, and then the other was only to get follow up bloodwork to confirm that my levels were actually zeroing out and not another ectopic). The other 8 miscarriages I've just gone through at home. For me, when I get the most pain and the most bleeding, that seems to be the worst of it as it's always been the time I pass the most tissue (I call it the "labor" phase) and then from there on out things are very light. But I am used to very heavy periods so my idea of a lot of bleeding is different that for some. My bleeding with my miscarriages usually lasts about the length of a period, whether they've happened at 4 weeks or 10 weeks, but that's just me.

Again, I am so sorry that you are going through this. If you ever need to chat, feel free to message me.
Me (30) DH (33) Married 12 years!
Mama to 4 in arms and 11 in Heaven
elohcin76
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tallytally » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:08 am

Thank you for the information and for your kind words. I'm also sorry for your losses :(

What lead to you realizing you were having an ectopic with your first pregnancy?
tallytally
Friend

Postby elohcin76 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:19 am

tallytally wrote:Thank you for the information and for your kind words. I'm also sorry for your losses :(

What lead to you realizing you were having an ectopic with your first pregnancy?

Sorry, that was probably confusing, my ectopic was actually my 7th loss. I didn't truly know it was an ectopic until it was too late, but part of that is my fault for not seeing the red flags. My OB was fully convinced it was a normal miscarriage because my levels dropped "normally" (though ectopic levels can bounce up and down, and he only saw two readings) and I had bled for several days. However, my ultrasound at 6w5d showed an empty uterus, and while it showed my tubes empty as well, clearly there was something off. I continued to bleed/spot a dark red, almost black goo after the main bleeding. And then 2 weeks and 1 day after the ultrasound I started having gas-like pains in the middle of my abdomen that were really severe, though when I called the OB the nurse wasn't concerned. By the next morning I was laying on the floor in pain, and by the time I got into the ER via ambulance (my hubby is a paramedic) they couldn't even staunch the pain with 10 of morphine, and then when they took my to ultrasound, my tube ruptured underneath the wand.

Guess that was more than you asked for! But in a nutshell, it was definitely different from "regular" miscarriages overall. At 5 weeks I wouldn't be too concerned with it, especially if you eventually stop bleeding all together. Also, I know that in general they say not to rely on pregnancy tests, but in all my experiences, pregnancy tests have been very reliable at telling me that my levels are dropping and when they are eventually gone.
Me (30) DH (33) Married 12 years!
Mama to 4 in arms and 11 in Heaven
elohcin76
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mari Mo04 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:51 pm

So sorry you are going through this! I've had 5 miscarriages. The most recent being in October right at 5 weeks. I've taken care of all mine at home. They generally last as long as my period (7 days) with one day where I have terrible cramps and pass most of the tissue. The general rule of thumb is that the bleeding is normal unless you are saturating a pad in less than an hour. If you are concerned with things, don't hesitate to call your dr office and ask questions or even ask for help with pain management if over the counter stuff isn't working for you. Sending hugs!
Mari Mo04
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tallytally » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:06 am

Well I don't know what to think. I bled really heavy and had cramps that lasted only two days. Now NOTHING! Not even spotting! I hope I didn't retain anything .
tallytally
Friend

Postby Priyankamaya » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:10 am

U both have children ?
Priyankamaya

Postby Leilani1984 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:35 pm

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I just dealt with the same heart break 2 weeks ago. I too was 5 weeks. You will get a lot of support from all these wonderful women, who have the best advice. This was my only mc, although I did suspect a chemical a year ago. It was a Sunday night I noticed tan spotting, the next day red spotting. The later the day got the heavier the bleeding got. I woke up Tuesday with a very heavy bleed and went to the er. I knew there was nothing I could do, but wanted to document in my medical records that I indeed was pregnant. So my doc can be proactive the next time I get pregnant.

I did not have any pain whatsoever. Just heavy bleeding with clots. I bled 2 days total, and spotted 1 day. I know it's inconvenient to have to go to the er/Doctor, but I'm glad I did. He drew my blood a week later and my levels were back to normal. You can't ovulate until levels go back down. He said I can try right away since it was a complete miscarriage. I just ovulated yesterday (2 weeks later). Praying you get your rainbow asap! Losing a baby is a terrible experience no matter how far along you are. My family and DH didn't understand because I was so early, how painful it was for me. We are here for you!
Me:32 DH:40 DS:15 DD:12
Ttc my 3rd, DH's 1st since Oct. 2012
DH's SA= TERRIBLE, taking vitamins and Clomid

Hsg: 10/2015 Tubes Clear!
BFP! 11/21/2015 after 37 cycles ttc, 1st cycle after HSG
Angel: 11/30/2015

Lap: 7/2016 found NOTHING wrong
Now taking Clomid 3-7 50mg, mucinex, grapefruit juice, soft cups, and folic acid. Cmon sticky BFP!

http://fertilityfriend.com/home/4bc191/ ... %5B/url%5D
Leilani1984
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support