Clomid and Ectopic

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Clomid and Ectopic

Postby sara_2016baby » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:59 pm

Hi everyone - I'm new here but I know it's a super informative place so I'm hoping to get some insight! I'm 36 and ttc for about a year now. All my tests are normal and there's nothing that explains my infertility. So I had my first cycle of Clomid 50mg, cd 3-7 in December and got pregnant. But unfortunately it was ectopic. I was lucky to have caught it early and didn't need surgery, just a methotrexate shot worked. I had an hsg done 2 weeks ago and everything looks good, both tubes are open. So no real explanation as to why I had the ectopic. Fast forward to now, cd 1 of the first month that I'm going to ttc again. I'm obviously nervous because I'd hate for it to happen again. My real concern is whether I should be worried about taking Clomid again. Should I lower the dose? Could that have been a potential cause? Wondering if anyone's had a similar experience. Would love some input. Thanks!
sara_2016baby

Re: Clomid and Ectopic

Postby Nick02 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:50 pm

I've never used clomid but I did have an ectopic with no causes. After I had an HSG and everything was clear. I'm now 8 weeks pregnant and have already seen a healthy heartbeat in the right spot. I know how scary it can be but trust yourself and your doctors. Good luck!!!
Nick02
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sara_2016baby » Mon May 16, 2016 5:25 pm

Thank you, it's nice to hear good stories. And congratulations! How many cycles after the HSG did you get a positive?
sara_2016baby

Postby Nick02 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Sorry I didn't see your question before. I had an hsg in November, but we didn't start trying again until January. I got a positive hpt the first week in April.
Nick02
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support