Early Miscarriage Question

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Early Miscarriage Question

Postby Crumpet » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:07 am

I could use some help relating to my miscarriage. I got my BFP on 14 DPO, confirmed blood test on 15 DPO, and then on 17 DPO was told my beta dropped to 20. Technically it is a chemical pregnancy. They did not tell me when to expect my bleeding to occur. I had a chemical pregnancy in June and my period was delayed a few days and then I bled heavily/painfully. My following cycle was odd and had a lot more spotting and cramping than usual.

They want me to return in one week to check my betas. It is a difficult loss for me but I will feel more final about it once I start to miscarry/have my period. I would appreciate your suggestions about when I might expect this. Thank you in advance for your help.

For reference: My cycles are usually 26 days with a 14 day luteal phase. I am at 18 DPO/CD32 now.
Me: 39
DH: 34
TTC #1 since: May 2016
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: Early Miscarriage Question

Postby Danaa » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:58 am

Im sorry to hear about ur loss...i recently been trough one myself,my bleeding started two days after a beta of 9......You will probably start bleeding in a few days when for sur ei can't say.
Im sorry...i wish I could say something magical to make the pain go away but I know form experience is not that easy.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Crumpet » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:45 pm

Danaa -- thank you *so* much for your swift response and sympathy. I really appreciate it. It is extremely difficult but I hope it eases once the physical side catches up with the lab tests.

I am so sorry to hear that you have also experienced a loss -- there is nothing like it and I wish no woman had to have this experience. Have I seen you on the IVF boards? This was our third IUI cycle. We knew we would probably be going to IVF all along so our BFP was a surprise. I'm trying to remind myself to look forward to trying something new. And at least with IVF we will hopefully have frozen embryos to work with even if we have a loss then too. We should be getting started at some point in January, unless this miscarriage delays things a bit.

Thank you again...
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Danaa » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Hugs to you!No thanks needed!!
Yes my pregnancy was form Ivf and like you said having frozen embryos makes things a little a better bcs you know you can try again,that is what made me feel better.
Im having my second transfer tomorrow afternoon.
Good luck to you! My
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Crumpet » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:05 pm

Danaa -- wonderful news about your transfer tomorrow! Its so exciting that you have a strong embryo ready to go. I'll be thinking of you. I'll check in to the IVF boards soon once I feel better about my loss. I will check for your updates there. Hugs!
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Crumpet » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:49 am

In case it his helpful to others to know what happened with my post-beta-drop bleed, see below by DPO:

14 DPO: BFP (strong)
15 DPO: BFP confirmed by blood test (first beta)
17 DPO: Beta dropped; notified of impending miscarriage
20 DPO: Started light bleeding/spotting
21 DPO: Officially miscarried

The wait between 17 and 21 DPO was very challenging. I hope that I can start to heal from this trauma now that I am 'starting over'.
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support