Symptoms getting worse, not fading?

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Symptoms getting worse, not fading?

Postby HisWingnut » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to the boards, and I'm hoping that joining with help ease the pain of our most recent loss. I have lost my mother, grandmother, and now 2 rainbow babies in 7 months, so I'm feeling a bit jaded to say the least and really don't have anyone to talk to anymore that knows what I am going through although DH is trying his best to be supportive and positive. I thought I knew what to expect, but this current miscarriage is throwing me for a loop, because it is unlike any of the ones I have experienced in the past (there have been 4 total). Here is a little back story;

I normally have about 30 day cycles, and this time around the pregnancy symptoms hit me hard about a week before AF was due;. I tested and bam, BFP. It was faint, but there and continued to pop up for the next 3 days. Then, 4 days before AF normally shows herself I started spotting bright red. It eventually grew a little heavier, enough to use a pad and I called my doctor who had me come in for a stat HCG draw this past Thursday. The bleeding stayed heavy for a day but never got heavy or with clots, but I just knew in my heart I had lost it, and my doctor confirmed Friday that my levels were below 5 and I was miscarrying. I prepared myself for the worst, even had a prescription on standby for the pain that never came, but much to my surprise the bleeding stayed light and has completely disappeared as of today. During my other miscarriages I remember being in horrible pain and bleeding horribly for days, and that my symptoms vanished as soon as I started to bleed. I have tested everyday since I started bleeding as per my Dr's request (thank god for Wondfos) and there is no 2nd line to be seen anymore, so I know I'm not still pregnant. But, here is the odd thing (besides the painless and almost bloodless MC of course), my symptoms are still sticking around full force. My breasts still ache and haven't gone back down in size, and the fatigue, nausea, and dizziness are still fierce.

My question to you all is this; has anyone experienced this? And how long until your symptoms faded away. Every twinge reminds me of what I've lost, and as you can imagine I would like very much to move past this so that I can prepare myself for another attempt at TTC. Any advice would be appreciated, and I apologize for the long read.
HisWingnut

Re: Symptoms getting worse, not fading?

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi Wingnut. I have not experienced a miscarriage so I'm sorry I don't have any advice or insight there, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry for all of the loss you have experienced. My mom died 15 months ago, and my grandmother 3 months ago. I can't imagine adding pregnancy loss to that heavy grief, especially in such a short span of time. Sending big hugs and best wishes to you. I hope things get resolved soon so that you can begin to heal and move forward.

One last thought- have you heard of vanishing twin syndrome? I don't know enough about it to know if it might fit your situation, but I've heard stories where miscarriage occurred and then lines started getting darker (so I suppose stronger symptoms could also be a sign) being the result of losing a twin but having the other turn into a successful pregnancy. I hope you find some answers soon. In the meantime, hang in there. <3
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HisWingnut » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:27 am

Thank you so much for your kind words. Its amazing how simple kindneas can mean so much.

I had heard of the dissapearing twin syndrom, but I don't think that I have too much of a chance for that one sadly :( I have messaged my doctor today asking for some advice, so hopefully she will be able ro put my mind at ease
HisWingnut

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am

Well I hope you can get some answers and move forward! You definitely deserve some good luck and baby dust, so I'm sending some your way!

Feel free to comment here or PM me if you ever need to chat. That first year after losing my mom was the hardest. The last few months have been slightly easier, but I still get caught off guard at random times and the heaviness of her absence will bring me to tears in the most inconvenient places. I have faith she's with my future children, though. They are in good hands until it's time for them to come to our family. I'm sure the same is true with yours. :)
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support