Aftermath of late miscarriage

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Aftermath of late miscarriage

Postby Ozmum » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:27 pm

We got pregnant with our first child June 2016. It was like a miracle for me in particular as I've got pcos to battle against and yet we still were lucky enough to fall pregnant on our first try. It was the happiest I had been in a long time but we sadly lost or little boy at 19 weeks at the end of october 2016. We had no idea that anything was wrong and he was so perfect and healthy right up to the end, but things weren't right on my end (my plug never formed which caused an infection in my uterus) which resulted in us losing him. We were both devastated and I'm still working through things so I can get a handle on my emotions. I think the hardest part is trying to overcome the physical setbacks because you're constantly trying to get yourself into a more positive frame of mind only to be reminded by lots of little things (lack of firmness in the uterus, having a period etc).

I'm not certain if there are any others here who have had late miscarriages? If there are I would be curious to know how long they took to physically recover. I was told it could take up to 5 months for your body to recover from a miscarriage and I am believing that.

I got my AF back about 5 weeks after my miscarriage and have had it steadily every 26 days after that. It's much lighter than it was before and there is virtually no cramping. Before I got pregnant I would get cramping 2-3 days before AF started. I'm not sure how to describe it but for the two AFs after the first one (second one was end of December and the next one towards the end of January) I had 'pains' for approximately 19 out of the 26 day cycle. The pains weren't so much like cramps but mostly odd fluttering in the uterus (like what I was feeling when he was moving around inside the last 2 or so weeks I had him). That was the majority of my 'pains' while there was some mild cramping here and there. The nurse said it was normal for AF to change and for these type of things to happen for the first couple of months and I was curious if anyone else had experienced something similar? They'd usually start the day after I ovulated (im using opk) and last until a day or two after my AF ended.

I'm currently 8DPO ands this cycle is different, more normal. I didn't feel anything right after I ovulated and have barely felt any fluttering (maybe only for a short period here and the for like half an hour every couple of days). I'm hoping it means that my body is almost back to normal after everything we've been through.

I would love to hear from offers to help put my mind at ease.

Also I'm a first time poster to any forum and I want to apologise in advance if I've done anything wrong. Also I'm posting from my phone so if there are typos I apologise for those too!

Thanks in advance :)
Ozmum

Re: Aftermath of late miscarriage

Postby Danaa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Im sorry to hear about ur misscariage,is not easy....I hope you recover really soon and you will have ur rainbow baby!!
Good luck to you!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Aftermath of late miscarriage

Postby 2mamasttc » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:29 am

We just lost our baby boy Sept 7th at 15 weeks, I feel like s**t! More emotionally than physically. We had a perfect ultrasound a week before. I keep thinking it's just a nightmare. I send you my love, no mother should have to go through this pain!! I feel like dr. Don't help since at least in my case they offer no explanation. He was perfect!
2mamasttc

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support