New Here - Recent Ectopic

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New Here - Recent Ectopic

Postby toesinthesand » Mon May 08, 2017 11:45 am

I'm so frustrated with my body now. I'm still waiting on my period to show after an Ectopic treated with MTX.

April 4th - Went into the ER at 6 weeks for heavy bleeding and pain. hCG was only 15 and ultrasound showed Ectopic and was treated with MTX.
April 7th - Follow up blood draw - hCG already down to <1
April 10th - Final follow up blood draw - hCG down to 0

I only bled heavy for about 3 days, and then lite bleeding/spotting for a couple more. It's now been 5 weeks since my injection and still no period. My OB said we need to wait 3 months / 2 cycles and I swear at the rate I'm going it feels like that's never going to happen. :(
toesinthesand

Re: New Here - Recent Ectopic

Postby Danaa » Tue May 09, 2017 4:36 pm

Im sorry to hear about ur loss!
Maybe contact ur doctor to give you some progesterone to jumpstart ur period.
Good luck to you!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: New Here - Recent Ectopic

Postby Nick02 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:48 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had an ectopic pregnancy September 2015. It took a while to feel "normal". We waited until January 2016 to try again. I know it can feel like forever but it's really important to take that time. The methotrexate shot (from what I've read and my doctor) basically sucks all the folic acid from your body. What helped me through that time was focusing on taking my prenatal vitamins to make sure that folic acid was back in my system and working out to get in better shape for when I became pregnant again. I think it helped me to get pregnant again. The first time it took us 8-9 months. After the ectopic, once we started trying again, it only took 3 cycles. We had a healthy baby girl in December of 2016.
Nick02
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support