MISSED MISCARRIAGE

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

MISSED MISCARRIAGE

Postby mybaby88 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:39 am

Dear ladies,

I'm going through a very hard time and need your support..

I got pregnant in my third iui and seeing that double line in a hpt for the first time in my life, was the best thing ever happened! I was over the moon.!!

I had my first scan at 6 weeks. they even let me listen to the heart beat.Doc said baby's growth is slow and the heart beat too. :(

At 9 weeks we did another scan.There was no heart beat.

Im in lot of pain.

Thanks for reading...

Any ladies who is willing to share their stories...?

All are welcome!
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: MISSED MISCARRIAGE

Postby Ajb38 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:16 am

So sorry for your loss. It is very hard, especially once you have a heartbeat.
I also got pregnant via IUI. It was my second. Everything was going well until my first ultrasound. Despite a strong heartbeat the baby was measuring 5 days behind. After the most torturous week ever I went back for second ultrasound and baby had only grown one day and heartbeat had weakened. I go back on Monday to see if there is still a heartbeat, if it is gone I will schedule the d&c.
Are you having a d&c or letting it happen naturally?
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: MISSED MISCARRIiAGE

Postby mybaby88 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:29 am

Hi ajb,

I think i hav seen ur updates in the iui thread. i was in march thread.
And I'm really thankful to you, to writing back.

My rescan is on tuesday. doc didn't say anything on dnc or natural. and i havnt had any discharge yet.

i will keep u in my prayers. You will get to hear a strong heart beat in ur little one, on monday. :)

Be relaxed and happy. our mind plays a big role over our body sometimes. :)

by the way,.when did u do ur first scan? The one u had a good heart rate?

Ill keep u updated. please stay in touch.
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ajb38 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:33 pm

Sorry, I am just seeing this. I went back to the dr yesterday and the heartbeat has stopped. I have a d&c scheduled for Thursday. I feel pretty good. Don't get me wrong, I have my moments, but I think overall I am handling this as best as I can.
How are you doing? How did your appt today go?
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LittleEQ » Wed May 24, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi Ladies, I came across your posts after searching for my fellow IUI ladies. So sorry to you both! I got pregnant in the march IUI group but unfortunately we found out yesterday that baby had Down syndrome and at follow up ultrasound today at 11 weeks, there was no heartbeat and doc said it happened yesterday or this morning... I have the D&C scheduled for Friday. Good luck with your procedure Ajb and hugs to you both!
LittleEQ

Postby mybaby88 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:24 am

@ Ajb,
I'm glad that you are handling things well. losing a baby is much harder than i thought. Life goes on...

are you doing your dnc today? I had my ERPC yersterday (wednesday). They do it under GA. So its painless.

They recommended natural way using capsules, because its less expensive. I didn't want to do it. I was exahausted for weeks.

I feel a lot better now. still bleeding, not heavy.

@Little eq,
I never thought we will meet in this thread!
But here we are.

i feel very heavy and sad for ur loss. Keep us updated. now I'm really worried.

I can't trust iui now. i feel like its a risk. what do u think?
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LittleEQ » Sat May 27, 2017 11:04 pm

Hi @mybaby, my procedure went well and I'm hopeful to try again soon. I still trust IUI since I think there was no way to prevent what happened so I'm hopeful I can get pregnant again soon, I'll Keep in touch on here or in the IUI boards, good luck to you!
LittleEQ

Postby Ajb38 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:46 am

Hi ladies. So sorry and sad that we have all ended up on this thread instead of the pregnancy boards. I do believe that everything happens for a reason and God has a plan for all of us.
I still think IUI is an option, but I don't think I will be doing it again. It was emotionally too hard. I think with my age, will be 40 in July, my egg quality is just not as good and that probably caused my miscarriage. I declined having the fetus tested. I didn't see a need.
I am going to wait and celebrate my big birthday without being stressed with TTC. After that we will start again, but just the old fashion way. Maybe some meds, but no IUI.
Good luck to both of you are your future journeys.
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ajb38 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:13 am

Hi, just wanted to pop in and let you know the latest on my miscarriage. The dr office called me Monday to say that they had tested the tissue removed from the D&C. Apparently this is just standard procedure for any surgery. Well it came back positive for a partial molar pregnancy. Which I had no idea what that even was. Seems like there are some abnormal cells that grow along with the fetus. They watch your hcg levels very closely to make sure they don't start rising as that would mean the cells are multiplying and could turn in to cancer. What?!?!?! Not the phone call I expected at all.
The fetus also had triploidy, which means it had an extra set of chromosomes. Most likely was fertilized by 2 sperm. I think the triploidy and partial molar are related, but not positive.
Anyway, with all of these issues I am certain that this pregnancy was just not meant to be. And per the dr orders we can't start TTC again for 6 months. I will be over 40 by then. Not sure it will happen for us. I may just meant to be the mom of an only child:(
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support