TTC following miscarriage

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC following miscarriage

Postby mommabear2214 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:00 am

Hello there. Just wanted to put my situation out there with the hopes of hearing about success following a loss. I recently miscarried at what I would guesstimate to have been 5 weeks. Honestly, I am not too sure as it was very unexpected and didn't make sense with my AF cycle and when I should have ovulated. Therefore, it was like an awful teaser as I found out I was pregnant when and then shortly after found out I was miscarrying. The hubs and I planned on TTC in the next upcoming months but with the loss we decided no better time than the present. I am on my first cycle following the miscarriage and have been tracking my ovulation pattern with OPKs. I have a short luteal phase, irregular periods, which creates random ovulation patterns. Its a box of chocolates every month honestly. I'm curious to hear if anyone has a positive experience with a successful pregnancy following a loss. I have a 3 year old son and he took us 6 months ttc to conceive. I had no prior miscarriages to my pregnancy with him and it discourages me when I have had a normal pregnancy before to have this miscarriage now. Thank you all for your support. Baby dust to all.
mommabear2214

Re: TTC following miscarriage

Postby Krippycat » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Welcome, mommabear.

I'm sorry for your loss. I miscarried at 5 weeks on July 27th. My husband and I have been trying TTC #1 since April. We decided we were going to try again immediately. I used OPK's and am now 2 days PO. It's going to be a long wait! I want to be pregnant again so badly and have a healthy pregnancy/baby. Have you gotten a positive opk yet?
Krippycat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mari Mo04 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:12 pm

I had two healthy pregnancies and then two losses. Following my second loss, I conceived the very next full cycle and went on to have a healthy baby and then a fourth. I then had 6 early losses like you described (always lost between 5 and 6 weeks) in a row. My Dr put me on progesterone and I am now 14 weeks pregnant again. There is hope after miscarriage!

With your short leutal phase, I would call your doctor and ask about progesterone supplementation. Hopefully, you can get started on it and save yourself some of the heartache we experienced. Good luck!
Mari Mo04
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mommabear2214 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:13 am

I have gotten a positive Opk and it was positive for a few days even. I'm not exactly sure when I ovulated but I believe I have. And my doc told me not to worry about the short luteal phase that the new research shows it doesn't change pregnancy rates... I'm not sure I believe that lol
mommabear2214

Postby mylammie04 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:57 am

I am so sorry for your loss :(

There is hope! I had 2 losses and then a successful pregnancy. I recently had my 3rd loss in July TTC #2, but trying to be hopeful for #2. There is hope mama! Good luck on your TTC journey! <3
Me: 34
DH: 34
TTC #1 since 01/14
Dx PCOS: 09/14
1st MC: 08/01/14 :angel:
2nd MC: 04/14/15 :angel:
3rd MC: 07/17/17 :angel:

RAINBOW BABY
02/14/16 :babyb:

TTC #2
mylammie04
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby dazzyshahu » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:45 am

First of all, I want to say congratulation for your pregnancy. You should celebrate this unforgettable moment in your life that fulfills your whole life with happiness. It is good news that you are aware about your health. I can understand your physical and mental stage at this time. I want to suggest you to handle this horrible negative thinking with the positive thinking and positive affirmation that provide sufficient energy to handle this horrible situation in professional way. It is medical certified fact that stress and depression is responsible factor for miscarriage problem. I am here for you to provide sufficient information to solve out your problem of miscarriage possibility. You should not miss this golden opportunity to avoid miscarriage possibility with my personal life experience to handle this horrible situation in short time period.
You can start your planning from the day first with appropriate seating plan and sleeping posture that reduce miscarriage possibility. You should understand your body signal very well to handle all pregnancy related problem in early stage. It is very important to maintain your body hormone level in balance to create beneficial platform for you to defeat miscarriage possibility. It is very important to have real bonding with husband to understand each other physical needs and emotion very well to overcome miscarriage problem. It is right time to make proper planning to have safe and secure sex to avoid miscarriage possibility. It is good news that you can maintain your body hormone level in balance with healthy lifestyle and balanced diet that create win-win situation for you to overcome this horrible problem. You can start yoga and meditation to get full relaxation. I am waiting for your reply to hear good news soon.
dazzyshahu

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support