Retained products of conception 6 wks after late miscarriage

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Retained products of conception 6 wks after late miscarriage

Postby 2mamasttc » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Hello ladies,

Just wondering if anyone else has been through this. I am 6 wks out from losing our little boy at 15 weeks. My ob assured me left and right that everything had past yet refused to due an ultra sound to check. Now at 4 weeks I had my monthly but only for 36 hours then one day of spotting.

That week I went back to my endocrinologist she had blood work done and sent me for a hsg with biopsy. In my hsg the say that I have retained product, but my hcg is 0. So she fears that my body is not going to let it go naturally. She wants me to go in for a hysteroscopy and d&c. I asked her to please wait a few weeks to see if it passes with my next period.

Have any of you guys been through this? Did you do the d&c? My dr says that it will not lessen my chances of getting pregnant again but I am nervous. Is there any natural remedies that can help get it out?

My mother always gave me cinnamon tea when I would get my period to help clear everything out?! So I have been drinking that.

The dr did tell me I have to do this soon because it can turn into a nasty infection if not done in time.
2mamasttc

Re: Retained products of conception 6 wks after late miscarr

Postby Danaa » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:16 am

You should definitely get the it solved as soon as possible,it can turn into a nasty infection it can leave a scar,it can scar ur uterus and affect ur infertility....
I’m sorry for ur loss.....I lost two boys at 22w,I know exactly how you feel.
Ur doctor should’ve checked to see if ur ok after the loss.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 2mamasttc » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:56 pm

I'm so sorry for your losses...this is the such a horrible pain. How long ago? What helped you come to terms with it. Thank you for your response. I am a hot mess, it's been 6 weeks and I feel like it is still so raw. the results of the biopsy came back today and it showed no infection in my uTeri's. I am just worried, I have decided to go forward with the d&c. When does it get easier emotionally? I just want to wake up in the future when I feel okay again.
2mamasttc

Postby Danaa » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:36 am

My loss was in April,what helped me?i honestly can’t stay a certain thing helped but having the love and support from friends and family definitely helped plus i have a dog who I see like my son,I spent lots of time with him.
It gets easier in time but the pain is always there,even now that I’m almost 6w pregnant again i still have moments when i cry remembering my boys.
For the longest time I thought I wasn’t ready for another pregnancy but I was wrong.
Give yourself time,grieve properly,take each day as it comes and don’t force ur self into anything.
If you feel like is going to help go to a therapist as well.
I’m sending you lots of hugs and peace.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 2mamasttc » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:11 am

Oh wow congratulations. Thank you so much for your reply. I have been keeping busy, funny my dogs help too. They have this way of comforting.

Today was a bad day, I had blood drawn for a pregnancy test. My dr. Said I had to take it even though it was neg 2 weeks ago. She said it was routine before a hysteroscopy. I am going ahead with the procedure but now it seems they can't schedule me till after my period anyways. Ut struck a nerve sitting in that office feeling so sad about a pregnancy test.

I just want to be finished with this chapter. It hurts too much.
2mamasttc

Postby Danaa » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:53 am

Dogs are awesome!!
I’m sorry to hear about the test....
Good luck with ur histeroscopy and hopefully you get ur rainbow baby very soon.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support