Two Week Wait

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!
Post a reply

PCOS Femara &/or Clomid success stories

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi all!

I'm going to see my OBGYN tomorrow, with hopes to start on Femara or Clomid. I'm currently on 2000mg metformin and not ovulating. I'm posting here to hopefully hear some success stories with either drug! Anyone get a bfp on your first go?

Re: PCOS Femara &/or Clomid success stories

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:34 am

A pretty late reply but...

I did my first round of 50mg clomid last June and conceived on the first month, my son was born in February.

This month, first month ttc number 2, took 100mg Clomid and bfp again..

So two rounds, two bfps! I love Clomid :p

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:33 am

Thanks so much for your reply! Wow, congratulations on your bfp! Do you normally ovulate on your own?
I'm currently on day 4 of provera to bring on af, and then it'll be Clomid 50mg CD5-9 for me. I hope my luck is as good as yours!
Congratulations again :)

Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:35 am

TeaPotts wrote:Thanks so much for your reply! Wow, congratulations on your bfp! Do you normally ovulate on your own?
I'm currently on day 4 of provera to bring on af, and then it'll be Clomid 50mg CD5-9 for me. I hope my luck is as good as yours!
Congratulations again :)

Sorry for such a late reply but no, I don't usually ovulate on my own. Or I do, but it's very sporadic and my cycle length varies, sometimes it's 90+ days between periods so yeah.

I hope Clomid has been kind to you and your journey is a short one. <3

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:36 am

You give me hope :). I start Clomid tomorrow, and I feel so positive about what's around the corner. How are you doing?

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:01 pm

TeaPotts wrote:You give me hope :). I start Clomid tomorrow, and I feel so positive about what's around the corner. How are you doing?

Gosh, I’m awful at checking things!! Hope you had few side affects but good stimulation for your first month :) please update with how you go

I’m now about 6 weeks and have my viability scan in 3 days!! I hope you’re as lucky with Clomid as I was xxx

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:58 am

I was diagnosed PCOS 2 months ago but I’ve been irregular since. This month my Dr. prescribed porvera 10days and when I AF, I took 50mg. Clomid 5th-9th cycle. I did ovulate the 12th day if my OPK is accurate because its my first time using it, the result is confusing. I got it from amazon btw. Now, I’m hoping I conceive. Based on my period tracker I should AF Nov. 4. Fingers crossed!

Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:29 pm

Naively hopeful, no worries! I'm only prompt at responding because I have the option selected that sends me an email when I reply is posted :P.

Yay, good luck at your scan!!! I'm on CD 9 now, done with Clomid and sooo hoping it works. I just want to O, haha. Clomid's really dried things up, but other than trust I haven't had any side effects. What day did you O when you took Clomid?

Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:30 pm

Mama Natsuki, best of luck to you! Keep us updated!
Post a reply
IsoFresh
Pregnancy Test Strips
FertilAid for Women and Men
OvaCue
OvaGraph
FertileCM
Male Fertility Products