Fed up of waiting - Newbie

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Fed up of waiting - Newbie

Postby Tathial » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Snap, my ultrasound is also on May 1st. I just got the questionnaire in the post, so hopefully I'll meet the gynecologist soon for some treatment. Good luck!
Tathial
Friend

Postby Kaiowa » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Ah we're ultrasound twins :P What a co-incidece. Well I hope it goes well, I will defo report back. Would be funny if we started treatment at the same time as well!
Kaiowa
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Kaiowa » Wed May 08, 2013 9:43 am

Well I have some cysts, so now I've been referred to the gyne.
Kaiowa
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Thully_1980 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:19 am

Hi Ladies

Am following your thread here, and would like to hear how its going with all of you. Hope the meds are helping...and even better, hope there's a BFP story as well.

I actually suspect something is wrong with me coz my cycles are no longer regular...today is CD23 and still no O...frustrating...so I'm reading up on PCOS to see if I might be having that. Each month I do O but irregularly....but am going to my Dr this Saturday to check!
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SunshineGal » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:45 pm

Hey there, I was recently diagnosed with PCOS in May. DH and I started trying October last year. I got my withdrawl Af like I was supposed to. Then It took me 64 days to get another AF and then 122 days for another. I did my "preconception" check up and told her I wasnt getting my period regulalry and she told me we had to be TTC at least 6months before they would consider anything. I went to the Gyn at my 6mo trying/ to get my yearly done( april) and told her I hadnt had AF in 4 months and was pretty sure I wasn't ovulating.

Never had a + OPK, no EWCM , no change in CP etc.. She sent me for all the usual hormonal testing and thyriod ect. It came back with my FSH to LH ratio was 3:1( not ovulating) and my testosterone was elevated so she sent me to an RE. My first appt for my RE I got my U/S that showed the pearls. She told me I would have to get my testosterone down so I would actually have an egg to release and then she could give me clomid. She said hopefully 3-4 months of BCP and then we can start clomid. She put me on provera to induce AF since who knew when it would come. After I got my AF from provera I was sent for repete hormone levels so she had more current and her own labs.

My other testosterone came back and it increased a little :(. I was also sent for an HSG to make sure my tubes werent blocked. They are open! thank goodness. Anyways, I thought CD3 was 3 days after AF but no. So I had to get another round of provera to induce AF. I got that blood work( CD3) done yesterday and started my first round of BCP yesterday!! Hopefully it lowers quick because I'm tired of waiting! Its a lot less stressful now that I know I'm not crazy and I really wasnt O'ing.

I wish I could go straight into clomid like half of everyone else. But I will eventually get there.

Best of luck to you!
ME- 25 Paramedic
DH-25- Paramedic
TTC#1 since 10/2012
2 cats- pixie and little foot
2 dogs- Khloe and Sasha
PCOS 4/2013- Hyperandrogenism, Amenorrhea, Anovulatory, Hirsutism.
HSG: clear
S/A 127 mil per 1.3 ml, 90 mil after wash,morphology, motility normal. Dx: Low volume.
Clomid 50mg- ovulation happened too late so no IUI- BFN
clomid #2- 100mg. 1st ever + OPK on 10/27/13!! Bfp!!
My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
SunshineGal
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Kaiowa » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:31 pm

As an update: I'm now on a combo of metformin and starting clomid after provera-induced period. My tubes are open, and I'm praying my first cycle will result in a BFP. It's taken so long to get to this point and I've literally walking round with my fingers crossed!
Kaiowa
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Menehune » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:44 am

Good luck, kaiowa! Hope this combo works!
Me - 36 (PCOS/Endo/polyps), Him - 37
TTC #1 since Jan 2009
MM/C Apr 2010 @ 5wks
Clomid only Sept-Nov 2010
Clomid/IUI Feb-Mar 2011
Acupuncture 2011
IUI #3 Oct 2012
Started Metformin for PCOS
Clomid/IUI #4 Nov 2012
Laparascopy/Hysteroscopy/D&C Dec 2012 - Endo removed from both ovaries and bladder, uterine polyps removed
Clomid/IUI Jan-Mar 2013
Mar 2013 - Acupuncture to prep for IVF
Hysteroscopy/Endo scratch/polyps removed May 2013
IVF #1 June 2013, Long lupron, follistim/menopur, 30 eggs retrieved, 27 mature, 15 fertilized, 11 5-day blasts, freeze all due to OHSS
8/23/13 FET 3x5-day blasts transferred, BFP 6dp5dt, betas 380 @ 10dp5dt, 810 @ 12dp5dt, 38,185 @ 22dp5dt, U/S 9/26 Twins!
The twins arrived at 34 weeks, baby boy spent 2 weeks in NICU, baby girl spent 3 weeks in NICU
Menehune
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Tathial » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi, I just thought I would give a quick update. I'm waiting for AF on Mon so that I can make an appointment for an hsg to see if my tubes are blocked. Hopefully I'll start Clomid the following month, although the NHS do seem to leave a months gap after every appointment. I'm so frustrated that it's taken so long to get to the heart of the problem (8 months since original appointment). I'm just hoping that they won't delay treatment after the hsg for my pcos. I've given up hope of ever getting a bfp naturally - hopefully Clomid will do the trick. Good luck to you all!
Tathial
Friend

Postby redneckgurl26 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Kaiowa - I'm sorry you are going through this. I was diagnosed with PCOS in November of last year after having blood work my gp ordered show high testosterone levels. I've never had a scan done to verify, but I asked my ob/gyn midwife yesterday at my post-op follow up how we know for certain I do have it and she said the high testosterone proves it. I was referred to an endocrinologist by my gp not an RE and was started on metformin right away. It did help but then my cycles started going wacky again. While on the metformin I did conceive but we didn't find out until I was 13 weeks and by then I was already losing the baby. So if you are started on metformin and are trying to get pregnant do NOT for any reason stop taking it. I missed an appt in May and ended up off the metformin for a month and that may have contributed to my recent loss. I am under going testing to see if we can find a cause behind my recurrent losses but it may be nothing other than the PCOS. Good luck to you hun. Hope all turns out well.
Me - 27
DBF - 32

02-2007 :angel: (blighted ovum)
07-2007 :angel: (baby passed @ 8 weeks)
07-2013 :angel: (baby passed @ 8+4)
12-2013 :angel: (blighted ovum)

My Ovulation Chart
redneckgurl26
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kaiowa » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:14 pm

Tathial: I completely understand the whole NHS thing, and I've been through the same. It has taken ages to get appointments but after my hsg, it only took a few weeks. I received a letter with an appointment which was almost a month past the date of the appointment I was expecting (as my gynae said to come back 8 weeks after the initial appointment), so I actually emailed them asking for an earlier one. They left a message about a week later and gave me an appointment about a month sooner! However, I saw someone else this time (who was nice but I didn't like him), who basically called me fat (which I'm not) and recommended ovarian drilling before clomid! Well, I was stunned he though surgery was a better idea as a first try then tablets! So I refused and said I wanted to go ahead with the agreed plan from my previous visit. Anyway, he gave me both metformin and clomid, and I had some provera left over so I'm on AF now and started taking Clomid today. This stage has happened sooner than I expected compared to everything else so hopefully it will be the same for you. Just remember you can always phone and ask for an earlier appointment, and can also request who you see.
Also after your hsg ask the doctor about arranging a follow up appointment to see the gynae again, and they should tell you who to pester!

Redneck: I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :( I admit it's a possibility I have considered; I know mc is common and after waiting so long I just pray I don't suffer that blow. Thank you for your advice; I don't intend to stop taking Metformin until the doctor says it's okay. However, it's hard to say whether it contributed to your loss; metformin is an insulin drug as I'm sure you know, but I don't think that would necessarily cause a such a change in hormones as to mc. It's possible that the mc was due to regular causes, i.e. chromosomal abnormalities. Whatever the cause, I hope you can find some answers :)
Kaiowa
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Previous

Return to PCOS Support