Areolas getting larger?! Cyst symptom?

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Areolas getting larger?! Cyst symptom?

Postby saritac » Wed May 01, 2013 8:26 am

So, here's an abbreviated version of my story. My husband and I have been TTC for about 5 months and every month I think I have just about every pregnancy symptom there is, only to have AF appear like clockwork. This cycle has been very different though. During my TWW I had very few symptoms except I watched as my areolas grew (almost 2x and the size) and blue veins appeared. My bbs filled up but weren't as sore as usual. Now here is where it get's weird, Last week I had pinkish brownish spotting for a couple of days then two days later AF appeared. She only lasted about 36 hours and was much lighter than usual (though still red). But now, 5 days later my bbs are still full and my nipples/areolas actually seem to still be growing. What gives??? I had an US around ovulation time last cycle (slight PCOS) and had two sizable cysts on my right ovary. Could these be causing my bb changes?? Has anyone else experienced this?
saritac

Re: Areolas getting larger?! Cyst symptom?

Postby Claire1985 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:06 am

I personally have not heard of that with cysts. Take a pregnancy test! !
Claire1985

Postby saritac » Wed May 01, 2013 12:19 pm

I took a dollar tree one yesterday (didn't want to blow more money since I figured I was out this month with the bleeding) and it was negative. I will probably test again later in the week, I just wondered if it could be a symptom of the cysts before I get my hopes up. Also, I have some pretty bad nausea that is getting worse but I heard that was a cyst symptom so I've written it off.
saritac

Postby Claire1985 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:58 am

Wow, sounds... Hopeful? Hope you get your bfp. Update here if you do. Fx for you!
Claire1985

Return to PCOS Support