PCOS, Pregnitude, and TTC

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

PCOS, Pregnitude, and TTC

Postby brandikinz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Hey everyone, my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a little over a year now with no luck. At my doc visit today I was told I likely have PCOS and we scheduled some tests for the near future to be sure. My doc suggested that before we go to extremes that I might want to try adding Pregnitude for a few cycles. Has anyone else tried this with success? Is it worth adding to my daily routine for the next 2-3 months?
brandikinz

Re: PCOS, Pregnitude, and TTC

Postby lauraeyes2 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:27 pm

I've been taking it since i started at the RE a few months back. On my first cycle with clomid and pregnitude, i ovulated two nice sized eggs. Still in the TWW so not sure how it'll turn out in the end, but it definitely helped with ovulation.

It's not a drug, it's just Myo-inositol and Folic Acid, both of which are B vitamins. Pregnitude is a powder that you mix into your drink twice a day (it doesn't have any flavor).

There is actually a good bit of research about Myo-inositol and its help on supporting ovulation in PCOS patients. Additioanlly there is a much greater risk, according to research, of gestational diabetes in people who take myo inositol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS - Born April 2013 - Conceived on first cycle ttc naturally
TTC for #2 since April 2012.
Dx- PCOS
-------
Hysteroscopy/HSG Normal
-------
Chemical Pregnancy #1 - lost January 2013 (5-6wks)
Chemical Pregnancy #2 - lost May 2013 (5-6wks)
-------
July 2013 - Clomid 100mg, no IUI - BFN (2 mature follies)
August 2013 - Clomid 100mg, no IUI - BFN (one mature follie)
Sept 2013 - Clomid 100mg, IUI (3 mature follies) - AF arrived one week early, wtf?
Oct 2013 - Follistim, trigger, IUI (3-4 mature follies) - AF arrived one week early,again. D&C Oct 25.
Dec 2013 - Follistim, trigger, IUI, HCG Booster(3-4 biggie follicles) -in 2ww. 7dpo progesterone 86.3!
lauraeyes2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to PCOS Support