Am I ovulating or not??

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Am I ovulating or not??

Postby rfarmer20 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:44 am

My husband and I have been ttc for 2 years now with no luck. So a few months ago we decided to see a Dr.I found out that I have pcos and was put on medroxyprogesterone (or Provera) to start my period and then was given my first round of Clomid and I bought an ovulation test just to be sure.I had a good feeling that the Clomid was workin.I took an ovulation test yesterday morning and it was a distinct positive where the others had been very distinct negatives. However I had a Dr appointment later that day for an ultrasound to see if the Clomid worked and unfortunately he told me that he didn't think it was working. Obviously disappointed I came home and took another and it was negative like the others had been. So I'm not sure what to think right now.I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience? Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated... :)

Thanks,
Rachael
rfarmer20
Friend

Postby CC330 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:04 pm

Ask for a CD21 bloodtest. The only way to know for sure if you ovulated or not. Also, ask for metformin. I was diagnosed almost 6 years ago and just started metformin 6 weeks ago since I didn't test as insulin resistant. Since starting, I have gotten a visit from AF and my first confirmed ovulation!

ETA: You should request a referral to an endocrinologist. PCOS is an endocrinological disease, like diabetes or thyroid problems that need managed by an expert.
Me - Coreena (24)
DH - Max (29)
DS - Carter (23 months)
TTC #2 for 14 while nursing
DX PCOS 12-2007
Started Metformin 6-10-2013
CC330
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to PCOS Support