Frustrated!!!!!!!!

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Frustrated!!!!!!!!

Postby Jenniemad » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:20 am

Hi All! So I got diagnosed with PCOS in May after 6 months of crazy bleeding and Doctors telling me it was just stress. Also had a uterine polyp that was removed beginning of June, so August was the first month my husband and I could resume TTC. Did my first round of clomid, 100 mg, ovulated on cd 18 confirmed by opk and pain in my ovaries(first time I ever felt myself ovulating). Settled down for the wait. Got cd 21 progesterone test results back and it didn't look good. Cd28 went in and my progesterone was crazy high but no hcg, but my doc sounded excited about a possible BFP. I've been cramping the last few days with no period, sore breasts, tired and went in again today for a blood test, no BFP. Doc told me my body was trying to be pregnant, but it just didn't happen. I have no idea what this means and I was too upset to think to ask. I'm just frustrated and sad and impatient and sad and I have no idea how to cope with this. I know this was just the first round and I shouldn't let it get to me etc etc, but gosh this is hard. And now I have to sit around and wait on my period to show up so I can begin the whole process again. And the sick beyond naive hopeful part of my brain keeps thinking "we'll, your doc said after cd13 US you probably wouldn't ovulate, and you did. And then she said your progesterone was too low to confirm ovulation, except it increased, so maybe it's still too early to tell." Anyway, I'm just running around in circles and stressed and I figured I'd join a group and maybe it would help. Couldn't hurt. Btw, today marks 13DPO.
Jenniemad

Re: Frustrated!!!!!!!!

Postby pcos_prayer&patience » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:09 am

I understand your frustration... I have PCOS and I do not ovulate at all on my own. It took many months of failed cycles before I finally did ovulate just last month for the first time in a year!! Femara 7.5mg is the dosage that finally worked for me. So I got my hopes all up & then I ended up getting AF early last month and my heart was broke. So we tried again really hard this month... and I did ovulate again & now I am going crazy in my TWW! Trust me.. I know how hard and discouraging it can be. And I HATE when people tell me to be patient... I have been patient and it still isn't getting me anywhere...
I guess we can be FRUSTRATED together.
ME -25 =PCOS, DH-31 =PERFECTION!
TTC baby #1
6 months naturally = no O, bfn's
3 cycles clomid 50mg - No O, bfn's
#1 letrozole 2.5mg - No O, bfn
#2 letrozole 5mg - No O, bfn
#3 letrozole 7.5mg -FINALLY OVULATED - bfn
#4 letrozole 7.5mg- Ovulated - Bfn
#5 letrozole 7.5mg - BFP!!
1st Beta 32.9, 2nd Beta 138
pcos_prayer&patience

Postby Jenniemad » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:45 pm

That sounds fantastic to have someone else to talk to. Somedays I feel like I'm going through this alone, even though my husband is super supportive. And I ovulated, just no BFP. I keep trying to remind myself this is the first real month of trying and at least my body is responding, but its hard to reset the clock on the last eight months of frustration and heartache. Especially after a week of what seemed like early pregnancy symptoms.
Jenniemad

Postby Menehune » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:50 pm

hi! i was diagnosed with PCOS last year and have been on metformin ever since. i just got through my first IVF and i responded well. got a bfp on hpt, and waiting for beta results tomorrow. has your doc mentioned metformin?

i've heard lots of stories of PCOS gals getting their bfps with clomid so hang in there! if IVF is an option for you, i've also heard of lots of PCOS gals doing well in IVF. we have been blessed with 8 frosties! (had 11 after stims, and just transferred 3)...OHSS is a concern, but can be managed if you go down that route.

best of luck to you!
Me - 36 (PCOS/Endo/polyps), Him - 37
TTC #1 since Jan 2009
MM/C Apr 2010 @ 5wks
Clomid only Sept-Nov 2010
Clomid/IUI Feb-Mar 2011
Acupuncture 2011
IUI #3 Oct 2012
Started Metformin for PCOS
Clomid/IUI #4 Nov 2012
Laparascopy/Hysteroscopy/D&C Dec 2012 - Endo removed from both ovaries and bladder, uterine polyps removed
Clomid/IUI Jan-Mar 2013
Mar 2013 - Acupuncture to prep for IVF
Hysteroscopy/Endo scratch/polyps removed May 2013
IVF #1 June 2013, Long lupron, follistim/menopur, 30 eggs retrieved, 27 mature, 15 fertilized, 11 5-day blasts, freeze all due to OHSS
8/23/13 FET 3x5-day blasts transferred, BFP 6dp5dt, betas 380 @ 10dp5dt, 810 @ 12dp5dt, 38,185 @ 22dp5dt, U/S 9/26 Twins!
The twins arrived at 34 weeks, baby boy spent 2 weeks in NICU, baby girl spent 3 weeks in NICU
Menehune
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to PCOS Support