Feel all alone

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Feel all alone

Postby Nee06 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:08 am

I am 28 yrs old and DH is 34. We've been married 4 years and have been TTC for 1 1/2 yrs now. I was diagnosed with PCOS and put on 1000 mg of metaformin a day. I've also tried clomid (serophene) for 3 cycles with HCG shots and I still didn't ovulate. We came to the realisation that I probably fell into the small percentage of women who don't respond to clomid. So I was then put on femara (letroz) on my last cycle but was told my follicle was too large for anything to happen. This is my second cycle on femara and I am going for my day 12 scan on Monday so fingers crossed that this time might be the go. Sorry for harping on but non of my friends are married or have kids so they don't really understand what I am going through and my husband is too caught up in his work to really give me the emotional support I need.I feel very alone and helpless. It is hard to stay positive sometimes but reading the positive success stories on this site helps.
Nee06

Re: Feel all alone

Postby 80's Baby » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:22 am

I understand about not having the support from friends. It's hard for them to really understand (most of my friends get *scared* that they might get pregnant!) We all assume it'll be easy to get pregnant when we first start, because if it was so hard, why all of the 'accidental babies'? It was my understanding (when I was 18) that if you had sex, you should buy a crib. It's that easy! :) And until you have to try, that's kind of the way it stays. I know it bores my friends when I talk about it, so I stopped talking to them about it.
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

TTC since March 2013 - Dr. found 2nd degree uterine prolapse
July, 2013 - :angel:

BFP - January, 29 @ 9 DPO
Twins :angel: :angel: - missed miscarriage - D&E@ 10 weeks

August 19 - bfp @ 9 DPO! TWINS!
October 1st - Baby A - :angel: Baby B - Heartrate 162
November 24th - It's a girl!

80's Baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Feel all alone

Postby mossy_oak99 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:45 am

I'm in the same boat as far as talking to friends. I don't really have anyone that can relate to what I'm going through. My husband also works a lot and isn't able to give me all the emotional support I need. Have you looked into Resolve? They have support groups to help deal with infertility. http://www.resolve.org/
Me: 22 Hubby: 26
Diagnosis: PCOS - irregular cycles - no ovulation
Clomid Cycle 1: Ovulated - BFN
Clomid Cycle 2: Ovulated - BFN
Cycle 3: Started AF without meds and hoping to ovulate without meds!
Hubbys SA - January 7th
Follow my journey at: http://www.babybattle.wordpress.com
mossy_oak99

Return to PCOS Support