hcg shot question. please help!

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

hcg shot question. please help!

Postby vmrawrr » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:58 pm

My husband and I have been trying to concieve for almost three years now. Its devastating because we are both so young (23 and 22) and it should be easy for us right now but its not..I was diganosed with pcos a couple months ago. I have been on metformin, and clomid and this was my first time combining all of them with the hcg shot. So today is day 12 after my shot I took a test and it was negative. I heard that you can get lots of false positives and that they are very common....but I just got a negative. I was wondering if anyone that has taken the shot ever got a negative and a couple days after got a positive? Is that a common thing? Idk if its hopeful wishing but I was thinking it might have been to early to detect my own hcg levels.. I guess I just want to know if there is still a chance I can be pregnant or if its not gonna happen? My husband says that if I'm not pregnant this time, he doesn't want to keep trying. He's not one to just say things and change his mind either...
vmrawrr

Re: hcg shot question. please help!

Postby 80's Baby » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:15 am

I've never had one, but I know there are women who will go to 18 dpo before they get a positive. Just wanted to say good luck! :)
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

TTC since March 2013 - Dr. found 2nd degree uterine prolapse
July, 2013 - :angel:

BFP - January, 29 @ 9 DPO
Twins :angel: :angel: - missed miscarriage - D&E@ 10 weeks

August 19 - bfp @ 9 DPO! TWINS!
October 1st - Baby A - :angel: Baby B - Heartrate 162
November 24th - It's a girl!

80's Baby