has anyone conceived naturally with pcos?

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

has anyone conceived naturally with pcos?

Postby Aloha85 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:17 am

I have a mild case of PCOS. Hormone levels are normal & my cycle has been pretty regular...but I do have the classic "ring of pearls" follicles on my ovaries. From what I have seen on this site so far it seems like most of the women have taken medication/hormones in order to conceive. Just wondering if anyone has conceived naturally with PCOS? I just started TTC this month. Had normal cycle last month. Had positive o at home test on oct29&30 and now am about 6DPO. Lots of twinging in uterine area first 5 days and slight cramping started 4dpo. Really hoping for BFP. My husband and I have been wanting a baby for so long. Just now started TTC BC we finally feel 'ready' but now I'm feeling a little discouraged like we should have started awhile after reading all the other posts about TTC for years with PCOS. Hoping it happens naturally for me. I am very holistic when it comes to meds/hormones. Any advice or experience or in site would be so appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to read. GL to all the TTC mamas to be out there!!
Aloha85

Re: has anyone conceived naturally with pcos?

Postby mgresham21 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:22 am

My first was natural and second was conceived using clomid but my second and third pregnancies were natural

First and last were ectopics
My Ovulation Chart

Marie-26-
Senior Consultant for Thirty-One Gifts
http://www.mythirtyone.com/mgresham

Justin-26- electrician
Dd-Bethany-3- wild child
Dd-Bailey-2- sensitive sister
I have two angels, one would be 7 in jan and one would be 2 in feb.
Diagnosed with pcos 9 years ago, treated surgically. I have had two ectopics with one tube removal.
Been ntnp for over two years no success now actively ttc#3
[/b]
mgresham21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Aloha85 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:12 pm

mgresham:
Thanks for responding. I'm so sorry you had 2 ectopic pregnancies. That must have been so difficult(and probably pretty painful) to go through. If you don't mind me asking Do you have an idea if they were caused by something related to PCOS? Is your PCOS severe? Did the clomid help to prevent the ectopic some how? I have to admit I am a little more nervous now. I had a large Fallopian cyst removed when i was 15 along with my right tube. I am really hoping to keep the other tube in tact so that I have the possibility of conceiving. I would try just about anything to have a child of our own...but just wanted to try the all natural way first to see if it works out.
Aloha85

Postby mgresham21 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Thanks.... I lost my right tube when I was 18 with the first ectopic.

My hormones were fine didn't have a lot of symptoms except for severely enlarged ovaries due to multiple cysts. I was treated surgically and at that time my ovaries were both the size of grapefruit a (they should be te size of almonds)....

Since I had the ovarian wedge resectioning 9 years ago I have been symptom free ovaries have been fine and I conceived 4 times.... They say there's a higher risk for ectopics if you've had abdominal surgery... So maybe that's why they happened? Idk...

I don't think the clomid had anything to do with it since my 3rd pregnancy was natural and intrauterine.
My Ovulation Chart

Marie-26-

Justin-26- electrician
Dd-Bethany-3- wild child
Diagnosed with pcos 9 years ago, treated surgically. I have had two ectopics with one tube removal.
[/b]
mgresham21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Okyla » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:55 pm

We tried for over a year naturally. No luck. PCOS can give you false positives on the OPK too. Also, as long as you still have that ovary that was connected to the Fallopian tube you lost, you could ovulate out of that one causing a surge and then it has no way to get to the uterus (and the sperm to it via tube on that side). I worked with a woman who miraculously became pregnant right away when she got married. I think it was when her PCOS was more under control? Anyways, they started trying for another a year later and it took her three years to conceive naturally. As my OB says, "It's quite possible that it will eventually happen naturally, but who wants to wait?!" Haha. So this was my first month on Clomid. Currently 9dpo and had two beautifully maturing follicles bilaterally on CD12. Fingers crossed!!! Good luck to you!
Okyla
Friend

Postby mgresham21 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:07 am

My doc who removed my tube did say that the opposite Fallopian tube can pick up egg from other sides ovary. In fact the Fallopian tubes aren't attached to the ovaries... They actually kinda wave around towards te back of the uterus and when the egg shoots outta the ovary the rush of fluid helps it get sucked into the Fallopian tube.... I've researched it a little myself.
My Ovulation Chart

Marie-26-

Justin-26- electrician
Dd-Bethany-3- wild child
[/b]
mgresham21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Okyla » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Oh I know! :-) kinda cool/creepy how that all works...but I didn't realize that the other rue could pick it up...seems a bit hopeful to me. But then again, the whole thing is hopeful! As I was going through conception in my OB class for nursing, I was just in awe that we even have continued life on Earth! It is amazing that a baby ever happens with all of the things the egg, blast, embryo, and fetus have to go through.
Okyla
Friend

Postby mgresham21 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:37 pm

God is great
My Ovulation Chart

Marie-26-

Justin-26- electrician
Dd-Bethany-3- wild child
[/b]
mgresham21
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shazza14 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi I was diagnosed at 15 with PCOS, told my bf that if we were to have children we would need to do IVF, however I fell naturally After being together 6mth best miracle ever, niwin round 3 of clomid to get a brother or sister. Fingers crossed it can happen x
shazza14

Postby Thully_1980 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:48 am

Hi Ladies, I know this is an old post... but am wondering what's happening lately with you Ladies... any success stories?
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to PCOS Support