Those of you with irregular periods...

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Those of you with irregular periods...

Postby Tummy Tuck » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:22 am

How do you decide that you're out for the month? I'm late for AF, but there are lots of months I just don't get one. How many BFPs before you just accept it?
Tummy Tuck
Friend

Re: Those of you with irregular periods...

Postby randapanda » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:19 pm

I have always had irregular period after I got married. It would be steady then miss one month. This added me not knowing I was pg with DS after 6wks with just some sore bbs and the love of tuna sandwiches more than usual. Tested on cheap DG $1 tests and all negs until 3 EPTs later. He is 4 almost 5 now and we have been ttc since February and nothing.

It could be that I have PCOS but have yet to find out as no medical insurance until recently. In June I had a cycle of 45 then it went to 36 and now its every 28 or so days but has been real light for the past few months. I have always been known to bleed heavy and it be clotty or go also noticeably in the toilet( tmi) sorry.

PCOS is where you have irregularity of periods and may not catch O well or have anovulatory cycle of not O.

I hope this has helped or at least let you know you are not alone. I temp to see and be sure O maybe O and try to get reassurance. I am trying OPKs but think I was late at finding it last month but FF pointed out my O day which made me happy when I got cross hairs.

I am on supposedly CD10...... :-)
Baby dust
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Haha I just realized its a PCOS room/group lol and I had mentioned that on here. Ooooh thats crazy! Well guess its time for me to go to bed lol.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:16 am

Any new updates?
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tummy Tuck » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:12 am

No, nothing. No AF and nothing but BFPs. I just have to accept that I didn't get pregnant this time, I guess.
Tummy Tuck
Friend

Postby randapanda » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:42 am

I am sorry Tummy Tuck :-(. I hope you have a better chance this time around and go get that BFP! :-)

Same here just waiting to O this coming week or hope I did early on last week.

How are you today?
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tummy Tuck » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:07 am

I'm feeling better about it. My "symptoms" are subsiding too, which is hard. I have another HPT, I'm taking it tomorrow and that will be CD 35 so I figure enough time has gone by that it is for sure.
Tummy Tuck
Friend

Postby Macknzeeleigh » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:27 am

I had irregular periods. All over 35 days long. Turns out I wasn't ovulating. After a year of not getting any positive OPKs I saw my ob/gyn. He put me on 50 mg of clomid in the middle of a cycle and I finally got two days of positive opks. I used the digi smileys because there is no misinterpretation. I also used preseed and we bd both days I got a + opk. now I'm 5 weeks pregnant. So my question to you is have you gotten + opks that you know were for sure positive? If so, I'm not sure an answer but if not I would visit your doctor because usually skipped periods and long cycles mean no ovulation.
Macknzeeleigh

Postby Tummy Tuck » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Ok, well this round I used 150 mg clomid. I was using OPKs for the first time and never got ANY lines at all on them. I was very discouraged by this and then I read the package more carefully and found out that they were expired by more than a year, and I was peeing on them upside down. I decided to just try through the recommended days and see what happens. I had symptoms of ovulation but I wasn't temping or anything. Next round, I have a plan to get more serious. I'm getting a fresh OPK and making sure to use it correctly. I think I will temp and chart as well. Another problem facing me is getting time with my guy. I have PCOS and have always had irregular and many skipped periods so I know that I need help ovulating.
Tummy Tuck
Friend

Return to PCOS Support