Questions about Clomid and dye test

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Questions about Clomid and dye test

Postby Highland84 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:00 pm

I am seeking advice about what should be my next step with Clomid. I was officially diagnosed with PCOS in June, but with my irregular periods my whole life I knew something was off. I was prescribed birth control, but since I was not trying to conceive and I was underweight I never felt any doctors looked into it more (told to gain weight and periods would probably get better). I am now 29, been TTC for 11 months, doing acupuncture for 3 months weekly, and am in the lower end of a healthy weight on a high protein/fiber diet. My periods have become more regular in the last 4 cycles (in the 40 day range from 90 days) so I have opted not to do Provera. Last month was my first round of Clomid at 50 mg. I did not ovulate (used OPK and blood test). I plan to wait for my next period to do Clomid days 3-7 at 100 mg, but I am wondering if I should have the dye test performed? I have heard from other PCOSers they believe this helped them conceive successfully with and without Clomid, but I know it can be a rough test to have performed. My doctor also said that if I did not ovulate the next round she would add supplements to my Clomid. I was wondering if waiting for supplements is common? Any advice about the things I have been trying or my questions would be great!
Highland84

Return to PCOS Support