thyroid problems anyone?

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

thyroid problems anyone?

Postby hopefullymommy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:27 pm

So my blood results came back today and i have thyroid disease and high insulin. They didn't say exactly what is going on with my thyroid... I'm guessing that will take more blood work... but just wondering if anyone else has these issues along with pcos and what the dr did for you and how it effects fertility? I made an appt. For the 6th with my pcp to discuss these results and what to do next, I'm just looking for info and maybe success stories? I feel very broken... my body can't do exactly what it was made to :(
Me: Ally (29) :hb: DH: Austin (27)

5 Angels:
:angel: 1/06 chemical
:angel: 6/18/07 Dillen @ 42 weeks
:angel: 9/07 chemical
:angel: 12/12 early miscarriage
:angel: 7/15 chemical

:bfp: at 10dpo on 8/30/15
:boy: Declan born May 7, 2016~ 9lb 9oz

hopefullymommy
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: thyroid problems anyone?

Postby kittykat722 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:06 pm

:grouphug: Im sorry about your thyriod issues. As you can see from my siggy I had Graves' disease in 2011. (Overactive thyriod along with other symtoms) I was sent to an Endocronologist and was in remission a short time later. I was given Meds to slow my thyroid and get things back to normal. I remain in remission today.

At the time, my PCP told me that if I was hypothyroid (thyroid works slow) she could have treated it herself with meds. So, treatment depends on what exactly is happening. Either way it is VERY difficult to get pregnant if your thyroid levels are off. It is something however that is treatable. As for the insulin, it is unfortunately a part of PCOS.

I know how you are feeling right now and all I can say is hang in there! I've been where you are right now and although I haven't had my BFP yet, I can tell you that it does get better!
Me: Kat ( 33 ) DH: ( 31)
TTC 3+ years..
Dx: Graves Disease Aug '11
Currently in remission..
Dx: PCOS Nov '13
Currently Taking: Metformin 1500mg daily
kittykat722
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hopefullymommy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:15 pm

Thanks for the reply hun... I knew this was going to be a bumpy ride.... buy IDK... I guess I kinda thought if I did BBT and the Dr. gave me Clomid things would work out... even if it took a while.... I wasn't prepared for all of this :( I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end... This is just proving my point in starting TTC now though... a lot of people I tell think it's too soon (we just got married on Halloween) but I knew I had infertility issues and it could take a long time....

5 Angels:

hopefullymommy
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kittykat722 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:05 am

Yeah I know what you mean. Ppl tell us all the time to "relax" and it will happen. Or "Maybe it's not meant for you" My DH and I are both disabled but very capable of living a "normal" life but people can be so insensitive when they don't know what we're going through. Keep moving forward and do what's best for you and DH. Keep us posted on what happens at your apt okay?
Me: Kat ( 33 ) DH: ( 31)
TTC 3+ years..
Dx: Graves Disease Aug '11
Currently in remission..
Dx: PCOS Nov '13
Currently Taking: Metformin 1500mg daily
kittykat722
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hopefullymommy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:31 am

This is not a battle I think I will every be willing to give up. Even as a kid when I was asked "what do you want to be when you grow up?" my answer was always "a mom." I have had multiple losses and TTC off and on several times... But now that I'm married I want this more than ever... and it doesn't help that family likes to ask if/ when we plan to have kids.... :roll:
Sorry... I get onto ranting... I should sleep :lol:
I will definitely update after my appointment... as long as I stay sane until then... I'm a worrier :x :oops:

5 Angels:

hopefullymommy
TTC Princess
TTC Princess