new and confused about ultrasound results

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

new and confused about ultrasound results

Postby laomy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:10 pm

This morning I just had an ultrasound of my ovaries, and I am on CD14. She saw that the left ovary was very "active" and the right not so much. She said it looked like my left ovary had a lot of little cysts and she said it looked like the "string of pearls", but that there was a dominant cyst (25mm). In fact there may have been two dominant cysts, I cant remember. But it looked like there were about 8 or 9 of the small cysts near the surface of the ovary, which is what made her raise her eyebrows, so I will have blood work done in a week to measure progesterone and free testosterone before she would say one way or another if it was PCOS.

Also, my right ovary had a few small cysts, but they were all near the center and didnt have that "string of pearls" look to them.

I've never had PCOS symptoms though, except acne. I've never been overweight, and my cycles have always been between 4 and 5 weeks. So, I'm just kind of confused. Also, I definitely ovulated last month, looking at my temperatures.

Thanks!
Me and DH both 33 years old, TTC#1

laomy
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: new and confused about ultrasound results

Postby maddy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:45 am

I have heard you can have PCOS with no cysts, and you can not have PCOS with cysts. Its so varied.
maddy

Re: new and confused about ultrasound results

Postby stml » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:11 am

hi.. I am lean BMI 19 and I have pcos... I guess weight does not matter... I have never been overweight too.... u/s done before ovulation shows multiple follicles and the dominant one which you mentioned might have contained egg which would have got released during ovulation... I just know this because I was on Clomid this month and was having u/s every alternate days from CD8 until ovulation.. I had two mature follicles on Cd12 which got released on Cd14.. hope it helps :-)
Me: 27
DH: 29
TTC#1 since March 2013
Jan 2014: Diagnosed with PCOS :doh:
March 2014: Clomid 50mg & trigger shot - BFN
April 2014: 2nd round of Clomid 50mg 2-6days starting from 19/04 - BFN
May 2014: Round 3 of Clomid 50mg 2-6days starting from 18/05 - discarded due to slow growing follicles
June 2014: Unmedicated. Trying naturally! BFP - 16th July

stml
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to PCOS Support