Am I ovulating?

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Am I ovulating?

Postby wannabemommy23 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi this is my first post. My fiance and I have been ttc for almost 3 yrs now with no success. About 4 1/2 months ago I started metformin for my pcos. I have had 4 regular periods in a row now. Does that mean I am ovulating and can now concieve or am I just getting my hopes up again for nothing?
wannabemommy23

Re: Am I ovulating?

Postby maddy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:21 pm

If your cycles are regulating since starting the metformin, then more than likely you are ovulating. It sounds good!
maddy

Postby FrannyN » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:13 am

I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble but I have normal periods every 26-29 days. I do not ovulate on my own. Just because its regulating doesn't mean your ovulating. That's just from my experience though.
FrannyN
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SomedayAMommy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:47 pm

So then how do you know if you're ovulating?!...What about temping?...Will you still have a temp drop if you're NOT ovulating? (sorry to butt in to the convo but I'm starving for info!! lol)
SomedayAMommy
Friend

Postby FrannyN » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:30 am

Well my DH and I had been trying for over a year. I would always have a hard time with OPKs because I would always get positive OPKs. Day after day. My charts were all over the place. After being confused about all that. I made a doctors appointment. He did bloodwork. My progesterone levels were really low. I was trying to ovulate but wasn't releasing a egg. That's why I always got a ton of positive OPKs. I still would get cramps and everything like I was ovulating but nope definately not.

Good luck!
FrannyN
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babygoal2014 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:53 am

SomedayAMommy wrote:So then how do you know if you're ovulating?!...What about temping?...Will you still have a temp drop if you're NOT ovulating? (sorry to butt in to the convo but I'm starving for info!! lol)

I am also in this position. Can BBT give a false ovulation impression? OPKS and CF are not reliable so can we rely on BBT with PCOS :shock:
My Ovulation Chart

ME: 32, PCOS, no meds
DH: 34

TCC
01.01.14 - 1st Cycle
Babygoal2014
Friend

Return to PCOS Support