newbie! diognosed this week :(

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

newbie! diognosed this week :(

Postby looongwait » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:53 am

Hi, we have been ttc for 3 1/2 years, always been overweight and irregular periods.
Finally got diagnosed wuth pcos after years of tests.
The Dr I see was awful I came away crying he pretty much laughed at me and said well you have pcos it's not treatable you need to loose weight it's all in your hands you can't have this or that your too overweight! I feel stuck, Ive waited to be diagnosed for so long with hope if a little help. I know I need to loose weight and I'm trying he was just so rude.
Just needed to have a rant! :)
looongwait

Re: newbie! diognosed this week :(

Postby isuzyou » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:38 pm

I'm sorry that your doctor wasn't more supportive of you. I do not have PCOS but I have several of symptoms so I am treated like I do have PCOS. I also have struggled with my weight. My OB has me on Metformin and I am taking Clomid to ovulate. I have successfully lost 40+lbs on the Slow Carb diet and actually consider it our lifestyle now, not a diet. I also get to the gym 4-5 days per week, which helps immensely. Losing weight is difficult, but unfortunately its one of the biggest healers for PCOS. If you need support, advice, or have questions I'd be happy to help!
10/09/2010 Married my love, Dan!
Me: 32 Husband: 32
DS1-9/14/2012 after 2 monitored cycles of Clomid and trigger shot

TTC #2 since March 2013
Unmonitored Clomid thru my OB
Sept 13-50mg Clomid, No O
Oct 13-100mg Clomid--O!!
Nov. 13-100mg Clomid-NO O =(
Dec. 13-150mg Clomid-O!!
Jan 14-150mg Clomid--?
isuzyou
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Noell18 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:47 pm

I was diagnosed with PCOS this week as well. I have been ttc for 2.5 years. Sorry to hear you had such and awful doctor! What about switching to find a new doctor you like? That is what I did... After DH and I were ttc for 1 year and no luck I went to see a doctor and I ended up not caring for her at all. She ran a few tests on me and threw Clomid at me and diagnosed me as unexplained infertility because the couple tests she ran on me were normal. I tried the Clomid anyways but switched doctors shortly after and now I am working with a doctor that I absolutely just love. I 'shopped' around for him so to speak. Most hospitals or Clinics now have Doctor profiles on their websites so you can read about each doctor and look at their work history so you can have some kind of idea about them before you choose them as your doctor. Maybe try that out?

Also, about the PCOS diagnoses and being overweight... My doctor, following my PCOS diagnoses, prescribed me Metformin 500mg daily. I've read that can help with weight issues or at least help your body lose weight more easily. Well I hope you can find a more supportive doctor!
Noell18
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Thully_1980 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:42 am

Gosh, you have every right to rant after such an experience with the horrible Dr! :shock:

I was also ttc for more than a year now and had about 1 chemical pregnancy. Now this is the new year and I decided to take action and I went to the Gynae. Luckily he was soooo nice and helpful. He suspected I have PCOS coz of my problem with hormonal imbalance and slight overweight and acne issues.

He prescribed 3 months of clomid 50mg (even though I ovulate on my own), and some supplements to help with hubby's sperm quality. Hope all helps!

I'd love to join you Ladies as we journey to ttc our miracle babies. I do know it happens but with a couple adjustments...at the end of the day, when God decides to bless us with a baby, nothing...not even PCOS can stand in our way :D
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby awilliams » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:19 am

I just got my official diagnosis this week. My nurse midwife told me several years ago that she suspected I had pcos because my periods were irregular and my breasts were very different in size, but there was no clinical indication of problems. After my son was born 2.5 years ago I had all kinds of trouble and ended up being diagnosed hypothyroid. I gained thirty pounds instead of losing my pregnancy weight and only recently had it begun to come off. I became total vegetarian (no animal products) and within two months I had lost 25 lbs. I'm in the middle of an extremely long cycle--14 weeks and counting--but my lab results showed pcos so I'm now on metformin and hoping that this will be my answer.

I'm so sorry that your doctor was unhelpful and rude. There are sympathetic and kind doctors out there--I hope you can find one soon.
Alice: 29, diagnosed with PCOS January 2014, postpartum hypothyroid
DH: 28, no known issues
DS: 5
TTC since January 2012
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5,6
BFP May 20, 2017
awilliams
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KatBK » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:09 am

Hello, ladies.

I've just been diagnosed with PCO (but not S). I start Metformin in a few days - 500 mg once a day for a week, and then up to twice a week.

I've also been booked in for a HyCoSy scan on Thursday afternoon - so nervous!

looongwait - so sorry your doctor was so rude... *hug*
Me : 26
DH : 26
Married since 31st December 2012
TTC #1 since August 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS 30th January 2014

Clomid round 1 - April 15 2014

BFP 8th May 2014 - HcG Beta 179.6

31 May 2014 - 1st scan - TWO heartbeats!
18th July 2015 - 2nd scan - One heartbeat, one baby (miscarried the other twin at around 9 weeks)

KatBK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby randapanda » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:01 pm

Hey ladies.

Well I wanted to join with you as well. We have been ttc #2 for a year this end of the month and nothing. I have gone without a period for 2.5 months last year along with every now and then AF that would range from 45 to 36 then steady for 28 days but very light.

Wanting to go to the doctor to see whats wrong but waiting to lose more than my 10 lbs so there is no judge ment nor a blame on my weight. Our DS has turned 5 last month and is also wanting a sibling. We intentionally waited for 4 yrs to be more able to handle another and now it seems we are being punished by my body not doing what it should......

Sorry, rant and rabble over lol.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Thully_1980 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:55 am

Randa!!! We meer again :mrgreen:

I took a break from ttc after I missed my periods for a full 3 months and then periods started and I had ridiculous long cycle. At least I know what's wrong now. And I'm taking treatment and working out to lose extra weight.
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Hey Thully! Good to see you again, or hear from you lol.
Mussed talking to on here. Ya I am working on my weight. After losing 10 lbs my period came along with the help I think of a gf of mine coming over and being with her and her family over that weekend. Sometimes its a womans company to be around to bring her on. She too was early in her AF. I was sooooo thankful after 2.5 months of no AF that she came finally.

I just cant get over my 10lbs and it stinks! :-(
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Thully_1980 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 pm

So excess weight does affect us with hormonal imbalances...more motivation for me to stick to my workouts!!!
Ever since I started working out I get AF each month, unmedicated!

Can I ask a question, is it safe to drink lots of milk and eat dairy products if you have PCOS?

My Ovulation Chart
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rhondalynn77 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 pm

Hello, i came on over to here and probably will be join you 'officially' in the next few days. I went to new ob/gyn and she did a blood work up cuz she suspected pcos. I really didnt think i had it, but i can view my lab results online and my insulin level was very high. (hyperinsulienmeia) i expect my testeosterone level to come back high too. we already discussed that she will order me metformin and i will probably be getting that tomorrow or friday. I suspect i havent been really ovulating. I also read that pcos can make it more difficult to lose weight and can acutally cause obesity. so why the docs say losing weight will improve pcos is beyond me, i think they dont have all the information.
loooong, i would go to another doctor. you are paying for your health care and you deserve to see a provider who respects you and will help you, not laugh at you.
Me: 37, Rhonda
DH: 38, Brian
DS: 6, Elijah
:angel: early m/c May 23, '14
BFP: Feb 9, 2014 :angel: m/c Ap '14
:angel: early m/c 2/12
TTC since June '13

PCOS 1500mg Met. Male Factor: 1% Morph prob due to type 1 diabetes

Nov 4 100mg Clomid (1 egg)-BFN
Dec 14 100mg Clo (1) and IUI-BFN
Jan 15 100mg Clo (1) and IUI- BFN
Feb 15 150mg Clo (2) and IUI- BFN
March 15 delay:cyst. Bravelle (FSH) Inj Cancelled: Cyst
April 15-Natural: BFP!!!
TEAM PINK!!

"Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5&6

Rhondalynn77
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:26 am

I think its ok to drink and eat dairy products as I have and I think I may have PCOS as we have had nothing happen for a year already and MIA on some periods.

I think I may try that Hydroxycut and lose some how with it or something.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Thully_1980 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:00 am

I'm asking about the milk coz my friend initially was diagnosed with PCOS and later they discovered cysts and they said that she should drink too much milk. Now, I eat my cereal with loads of milk and I pray that doesn't cause further complications

My Ovulation Chart
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:48 am

Oh wow I see your concern. I will try to find out, but ifyou do before me plz let me know. :-)
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Thully_1980 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:48 am

Oohhh, I heard that its people with Endometreosis that have to stay away from dairy products.

Hope all of you Ladies are doing alright. Is any of you in the tww yet? I can't wait to see BFP success from all of us. Having PCOS is not a death sentence and its possible for us to have babies :D

My Ovulation Chart
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to PCOS Support